X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

GI JOE Super Joes

I think a lot of people consider the Super Joes the red headed step child of the Joe Universe, but I really dig the character designs, action features and aliens. I just think they are really cool toys.

Unfortunately, they are all literally falling apart or are already completely broken. Hasbro really needs to reissue these.

Not much info on Super Joe on the web either. I did come across this site. The pictures are fairly small though.

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

They had some neat stuff. I remember them being kinda tough to find around here though. Gor spent a lot of time fighting the Apes when I was a kid.

For some reason, I used to associate the Colourforms aliens with the Super Joe figures. Dunno why.

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I thought they were ok,I doubt there's a market out there for them though
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

There would be a market for them if the damn things didn't fall apart!

Although I didn't have any as a kid, I think they are really cool, I just wish I could get some intact ones for my collection.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

What's left of my Shield figure

Some Images of Super Joe I've managed to grab. I plan to put a SuperJoe gallery up one of these days....

Commercial One

Darkon Commercial
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Thanks for the pics Palitoy. Cool Stuff!! You can really tell though the only thing remotely holding the MOC figures together is the bubble. Those commercials are pretty neat too. I actually remember seeing those now.

Damn, I wish Hasbro would reissue these. Otherwise nothing is going to be left of these cool toys except for some body parts and few pictures.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• AAAAA
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 28, 2005

The rariest items in the mailaway items, the super joe ring and super joe verison of the shark surprise.
              I stll have the club kit with the poster and all the info on the toys.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by AAAAA
                I stll have the club kit with the poster and all the info on the toys.
                That sounds cool. I don't think I've ever seen that poster before.

Comment

• AAAAA
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 28, 2005

Oh yeah it consist of all the super joes kicking the crap out of GOR.

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

I used to love the walking dinosaur thing. I had that as a kid and the bad guy I think he was, the one brian showed. I don't remember owning any of the gi joe's though.

I have been wanting the walking like dinosaur monster from this line.

Is there anyway to put them back together? Can you get a new body for them? Can the head even be put on another body?

I am hoping for new bodies for the mego 12" females and am feeling the same way about them. they are all gonna be gone one day. If there was a way to save all these toys from our past.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ If anybody's got a Super Joe head, I can see how it does on a Hasbro 9 inch body.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        ^^^ If anybody's got a Super Joe head, I can see how it does on a Hasbro 9 inch body.
                        The 9 inch Hasbro bodies are a bit too big.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I think the PM Ajs might work however.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by jemboy2004
                            I used to love the walking dinosaur thing...

I have been wanting the walking like dinosaur monster from this line.
                            That would be Terron. I always wanted one of those as a kid, and I finally got one last year (it took awhile!). On the plus side, he doesn't fall apart at least.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 10, 2006

For some reason i'm drawing a blank on these superjoes, can someone please fill me in on this line like what years they were made

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎