X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

Mr Freeze Help

Hey all I am looking to finish customs I was working on. One is a Mr Freeze custom , and one that resembles the Mr Freeze from the Filmation cartoons, so far I have the body, Boots, Suit, Gloves, and Head. I am stuck on the dome for the head , Anyone have anthing that clear like an old Plastic dome like an astronaut or siggestions on where I can get something that will work ?

In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't know about a globe, but if you want one that is more cylindrical, the clear top to Garnier Fructis hair mousse works well.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

There are always Christmas ornaments that work well for that. I often hit the 90% off season sales at Walmart each January looking for things like that. I did a 12 inch version of that character that I put up in the custom auction at the Meet a couple of years back.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I don't know about a globe, but if you want one that is more cylindrical, the clear top to Garnier Fructis hair mousse works well.
        Good Idea , I'll take a look at that , but not the look I'm going for.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by megocrazy
          There are always Christmas ornaments that work well for that. I often hit the 90% off season sales at Walmart each January looking for things like that. I did a 12 inch version of that character that I put up in the custom auction at the Meet a couple of years back.
          I did not even think of that. We have an all year round christmas store here, I will have to go look and see if I can find a in scale plastic clear globe that will work perfectly.

Any Pics of that 12 " you made ?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I used a glass snowglobe from the Dollar Tree. You can use a much smaller head and fill it with water to get refreaction that makes the head look bigger. Plus its a dollar, buy spares, I broke one getting it right.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kept back
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 2, 2002

Paul Evans has one that's pretty cool, but it's not round. DaveMc used it for his Freeze.

Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by kept back
                Paul Evans has one that's pretty cool, but it's not round. DaveMc used it for his Freeze.

http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/dav...ick/freeze.jpg
                Wow , Now that is Mr Freeze ! I could sacrifice the round for that . What is that that is used ?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ It looks like a bubble gum machine capsule.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

I got the same dome as Dave from hair mousse
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 9, 2008

Looks like it's time to hit up the supermarket to find a dome.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 9, 2008

Thanks PNGwynne, I decided to go with this option. The Fructis top is what I picked up. It works nicely. It's not the globe , but I am happy with it.

Anyone have a suggestion on getting it attached ? I have some ideas but I want to pick brains and see if anyone has better options.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Got pics of it? If I had to guess, use the top of the bottle too. Where the dome cap attaches for the base.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                            I got the same dome as Dave from hair mousse
                            Bingo!

Glad my suggestion was helpful, Jason. I've not completed my Mr. freeze yet (I'm considering a printed '70s suit). But my thought is to make a large mock-turtleneck-type collar to tuck the dome into. The collar could be lined/reinforced with thin craft foam, and the helmet secured with velcro or snaps applied to the dome sides & the inside of the collar. I figure the dome needs secured a bit to accommodate the tension of the tank tubing.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 2, '09, 9:40 AM.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎