• Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Batman Returns Anime

Sorry, I meant Batman BEGINS Anime.

Batman BEGINS Anime
    Last edited by samurainoir; Aug 1, '07, 7:50 PM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • DocDrako
    Formerly Doc Drako
    • Nov 11, 2004

I don't like the look of anime, but I'll give it a chance. Batman RoCkS!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

yawwwn. pass.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

I'll probably give it a chance, but Japanese anime isn't really my thing
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
          Stays Crunchy in Milk
          • Aug 2, 2004

Is this slated for television or DVD? or both?
          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• filmation batman fan
            The Man of Many Voices
            • Aug 30, 2005

This sucks!! Just when I finally hear news about a Direct To Video animated Batman movie by DC and WB and they decide to take the anime route with him. I hate anime. It's what kept me from watching the
            Teen Titans series. I'm already looking forward to Superman/Doomsday, Justice League: New Frontier, Teen Titans: Judas Contract and a possible Wonder Woman animated movie, but taking Batman to anime sucks! But the question is, am I still willing to check it out? Now that is my achilles heel. I am a devoted Batman fan and most likely I will buy it when it comes out on DVD. Now I really miss the voice of Kevin Conroy more than ever.
            :die:

Comment

• joshvox
              Clown Prince of Crime
              • Mar 21, 2006

Again, not a big anime fan, but I'll still buy it.

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

ill give it a chance after all its batman.

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

That concept art looks a lot darker in tone and more detailed than what I think of when I hear anime. It looks promising from that one still, so I'm not going to categorize it in the same vein as The Batman or Teen Titans just yet.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I like Anime...and I'm a Bat-Fanatic...so I'll check it out!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Not a big anime fan, but I do know that anime is a broad spectrum, and some of it is much more sublte and dark than the averaged speedlines and big eyes. If this Batman takes that route, it should be okay.

Oh and guys, if you didn't watch Teen Titans over the anime influence, you're really missing out on a good show. Once you get use to the ocassional super deformed moments, it's pretty much like JLU with the action speed turned up to 11. It has it's heart in the right place in regards to the characters and comics too.

The Batman has REALLY improved. It's still no BTAS, but it's not ever going to be. This last season was overall very good. The upcoming season is essentially Batman and the Justice League. Worth checking out if you are a hardcore DC Fan.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                        Stays Crunchy in Milk
                        • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Not a big anime fan, but I do know that anime is a broad spectrum, and some of it is much more sublte and dark than the averaged speedlines and big eyes. If this Batman takes that route, it should be okay.

Oh and guys, if you didn't watch Teen Titans over the anime influence, you're really missing out on a good show. Once you get use to the ocassional super deformed moments, it's pretty much like JLU with the action speed turned up to 11. It has it's heart in the right place in regards to the characters and comics too.

The Batman has REALLY improved. It's still no BTAS, but it's not ever going to be. This last season was overall very good. The upcoming season is essentially Batman and the Justice League. Worth checking out if you are a hardcore DC Fan.

Chris
                        If you're like me you hated Teen Titans and The Batman at first, but because your kid watched it you did. I agree with you that the Batman is 10 times better the last couple seasons, and you're on the money with Teen Titans.
                        Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎