Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain what happened to this box?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spidercrazy_123
    • May 24, 2007

Can someone explain what happened to this box?

I don't know about you but I have never seen 'flaming' colors like this on a Spidey 12" box. Is this a common misprint or has something happened to the box, if so, what? I have seen it up close and it looks OK in every other way.

• palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I've seen that damage before when I had a small stash of these, I'm not sure what causes it but my theory is it adhered to something it was stored with and some of the ink came off.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
      I've seen that damage before when I had a small stash of these, I'm not sure what causes it but my theory is it adhered to something it was stored with and some of the ink came off.
      that makes sense,I had one of these before and I always wanted to know what was up
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

My thought is heat, possibly in conjunction with Brian's theory of contact with something else, possibly just other boxes in the original shipping case.

Comment

• ABMAC
          User
          • May 16, 2002

I've seen that kind of damage with packages stored in plastic bags. When the temperature changes suddenly, moisture condenses on the inside of the bag and causes the box to stick to it wherever it's touching. Instead of protecting the boxes from moisture, bags tend to trap the moisture inside.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

I don't know how many boxes were packed together and how they were packed, but maybe this is from contact with windows from other boxes, combined with heat. And when the boxes were unpacked this is what happened
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

i think its the boxes touching one another packed away over a period of time.

Comment

• Man of Action
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 26, 2006

Perhaps was a make-ready sheet that came off the press first..the pressman should have pulled them, but maybee he or she was hung over, and let them slip..The first sheets off the press look alot like the problem on that box..untill the ink and water seperate on the plate the ink looks like flames..is the ink flat or is it pulled off ??..Anyway ,just a thought since I see that everyday!!!d

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

ive seen this kind of thing with other toiys stored so i think like most its something the box touched . either way you have a cool boxed figure. mike

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎