• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Character Options Gets Classic Who License

From Action Figure Insider

BBC Worldwide is delighted to announce that Character Options, one of the UK’s leading toy companies, will be launching a fantastic range of classic Doctor Who figures.

The 5” figures range will initially include detailed replicas of classic Doctors, plus a number of monsters and will be launched in the spring of 2008.

As master toy licensee Character has enjoyed immense success alongside BBC Worldwide through its Doctor Who range of products and predicts a hugely positive response to the new collection.

Commented Jon Diver, Joint Managing Director at Character Group: "The resounding success of the Doctor Who TV series is made up of both new and existing Doctor Who fans. We have reacted to public demand and will be producing a range to the depth and quality of our existing line. The classic licence will broaden the collectibility and enhance the position of the brand.”

Also, it was revealed on the forums at Outpost Gallifrey that "(pending approvals) there are 3 Doctors and 5 and 1/2 villains in the first Wave….work that one out!"

While this is great news for Who fans, I am totally bummed that the product Enterprises 12" Tom Baker and Revenge Cyberman are probably a no go now.

Hopefully, CO will release them, their 12" line thus far has been terrific.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • YANOULI
    Part-Time Timelord
    • Jan 9, 2006

can't wait to see those!

I'm assuming the 3 doctors will be Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee and Pat Troughton and i guess the 1/2 monster is Davros.

I wonder if that means there will be a 60's, 70's and 80's Tardis playset too?

I hope Product Enterprise will release their 12" figures
    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

OMG!!!!! That is awesome...I am so psyched for this...My wallet isn't, but I am! Whoo-Hoooo!

Dana
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

DAMN! You gotta believe the first wave will have a Tom Baker figure. The way they do variants they'll probably re-color that coat 3x's for each of the coats he wore as the Doctor.

As for the mysterious 1/2 figure there are no lack of characters which it could be: Davros, Cybermats, Sil, Sensorites. It's up for grabs.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I think Baker and Pertwee are obvious choices but then again maybe not, they may want to spread the more popular Doctors out each wave.

As for the half Villain, I'm thinking it's less obvious than Davros.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Surfsup
            Silver Chrome Dome
            • Dec 2, 2005

I'm hoping Product Enterprises still release their 12" figures, I've been waiting for those for ages. It looks like they've also got a nice Tardis in the works too.

I've never understood why you can never find a decent Tardis model anywhere.

Comment

• monkeyboy
              Museum Patron
              • Jul 31, 2007

dr who

I have all the new 5inch line!their sweet!im wondering if they have licensing to do all the doctors?for the half villian maybe a cybermat?product enerprises canceled 12 inch line. i go to whona forums they have tons of info and are nice!and one of few sites that have good prices!who north america has been my supplier for awhile!they have moxx and casandra in too!

Comment

• monkeyboy
                Museum Patron
                • Jul 31, 2007

who fan

Yes i preordered from bigbadtoystore they have flight control tardis,the reaper deluxe monster listed!also satan pit set and set with dalel sec,branigan,and 2 scarecrows!i get alot from whona but you cant preorder there! i have tardis bank on shelf collecting change to pay for who stuff!

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

So Brian, having some insight into the toy industrty, how far along do you think Character Options is on the prototypes for these classic characters? If they won the liscence they had to show some mock-ups right? If they're going to make it out by spring they would have prototypes in 1 & 1/2 size, ( 7.5 inches), to show off no?

Comment

• monkeyboy
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jul 31, 2007

doctor who line up

Iam so glad they announced the line up(saw on whona forum)
                    4th dr in red velvet coat with interchangable heads
                    5th doctor
                    6th doctor
                    zygon
                    voc robot 2 pack
                    greely and mr sin(the 1/2 figure) i think one more but cant remember!!!!!!!!!
                    I bet there gonna do alot of gift sets with companions(hoping)!

The figures from new show are going up in prices i noticed,wonder what these classic ones will cost us??
                    If i have to choose one line it will be classic who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by monkeyboy; Aug 21, '07, 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

Here's the tentative line-up so far:

I saw this on Whona, they said it was posted on Outpost Gallifrey, it reveals the 1/2 size figure, who would've guessed, can this be true, I am going insane, ahh-Ha-hA-hAa=HaA-hAhAhHaHAHaHaHaHAhAhA: http://whona.realtvboard.com/Product-Discussion-c1/Character-Options-Toys-and-Releases-f1/CO-Classic-Series-Wave-1-Revealed

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎