X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

DC Direct 13" Collector's Editions

I haven't really seen anybody post about DC Direct's 13" line of Super Heroes. Anybody else collect these? I picked up most of them at ComicCon for some pretty good prices. I got Superman for $25 and most of the others between $35-60. I had avoided getting them at first due to the high cost from Diamond Previews, but I think that DC did a fantastic job on some of them. I love Batman and Lex Luthor the best so far and I also love that Shazam comes with Mr. Mind. The only one I could not find at ComicCon was Green Lantern. Turns out he's the most difficult of all to get. I ended up paying 200.00 for him on Ebay and am anticipating his arrival.

So I've been looking to see what other characters are coming out and I can't wait for Nightwing and Batgirl/Barbara Gordon. Good Stuff!
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I love this line, and have them all so far, except for the Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and the second comic Superman. The movie ones just didn't have strong enough likenesses of the actors for me. And I already had the Superman.

I pretty much dropped buying the regular 6" DCD line to focus on these. I have a standing order for these with our own Megogeek's Dreamworld Comics. I'm REALLY looking forward to the next few releases, being an avid Bat-nut.

Here's a pic of my collection from a few months back. I've since added Martian Manhunter and Catwoman.

By the way grayhank, there have been several threads on these on the old board, and here in the modern toys and super hero sections. You may want to do a search for DC Direct or DCD.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• jayihdz
      aaaggghhhh!
      • Mar 6, 2007

I have Superman an Luthor...Luthor looks amazing.....

Comment

• grayhank
        That Fisher Price Guy
        • Feb 9, 2007

Very cool collection, they look great displayed! Yup those are all the ones I bought at Comiccon (minus the Lantern) plus J'onn and Catwoman. I too passed on the movie versions for the same reasons. I seldom buy movie tie-in toys unless it's Star Wars of course!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I have,Batman,Batman Begins,First Issue Superman,Shazam!,Aquaman,Superman Returns....I still want to get the rest but the funds are low right now so it's a no go for now....I still want to get the Flash and Green Lantern and Catwoman and Batgirl....not crazy about Luthor or two face....Martian Manhunter is nice but not in a rush to get him...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

My least favorite is Two-Face. His head is a bit small. Plus, I like Two-Face, but I feel like he kind of sticks out as being a lesser character than the others. I'd rather had the Joker first.

My favorite is probably Green Lantern. He's spot-on perfect. And the power battery lights up!!!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I love this line. Thanks to a member here I have only 3 so far (Aquaman, Two-Face and Lex). I haven't gotten any others yet (at least until I get another job). But the classic Batman, Batgirl, and Robin are going to be hard to pass up. Getting the GL will be a hard one now though.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                Formerly known as Del
                • Dec 12, 2004

We got Green Lantern first, then Batman. We've since added Awquaman, the Flash, and picked up Supes at San Diego. This weekend, we're planning to pick up a Martian Manhunter. Of course, I was loud and clear about getting the Robin when he's available. AND I pointed out to my husband that he's due out in February, just in time for my birthday He wasn't sure about the newer Batman(in blue and grey), but now that he's seen Batgirl, he wants to get one so he can start building the Bat-family.
                Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Chippupperty
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 5, 2004

I picked up everyone so far. Cutomized a few---feels like working on an 8" mego in a larger scale!!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

They are mad! I love this series, although I only have the second edition Supes. That Flash is possibly the best Flash figure I have ever seen. Yum.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I think DC would be smart to put out a slightly reworked Green Lantern. Maybe do the modern costume. The only real difference is that the green part of his costume ends at his waist, and doesn't go down like trunks.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• grayhank
                        That Fisher Price Guy
                        • Feb 9, 2007

I just contacted my local comic shop and ordered the next five (this is going to be yet another expensive collection - like Sideshow). The next five are:

Nightwing
                        Batgirl
                        Batman (Classic)
                        Robin (Dick Grayson)
                        Power Girl

Not sure why DC Direct chose Power Girl, clearly Wonder Woman would have been a more logical choice considering the other 6 "big guns" have been made. It's also unfortunate that they are doing sculpted hair for the female figs which always looks ugly in my opinion.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Here's a quote from AFI's talk with DC Direct (our own Del posted the same info a few days ago):
                          The regular 13" Batgirl will have sculpted hair. The variant will be rooted. They haven’t decided if Wonder Woman’s hair will be sculpted or rooted. Sculpted looks nicer but it limits the range of motion. They’re debating it now.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                            Formerly known as Del
                            • Dec 12, 2004

I'm hoping that since they made Power Girl, they will be doing some other JSA characters. Can you imagine how awesome the classic ones would look in this style? (I wanted to post the drool smilie, but I can't find him)
                            I forgot to mention before, my favorite thing about these figures is the boots. Because they have those little tiny zippers on the back and I've never seen a detail like that on my action figures.
                            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• grayhank
                              That Fisher Price Guy
                              • Feb 9, 2007

I'll really start drooling if and when they add Firestorm & Hawkman to the 13" line. But for now I'm happy with what they've made and what's scheduled to come. Although a little disappointed about the Batgirl variant. The rooted hair one is probably gonna be something like 1 out of 10. How hard is that one going to be to get I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎