X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Fisher Price Impulse Buys

Well this was inevitible, after a family trip to an antique mall I officially began collecting Fisher Price Adventure people. Although I resisted the urge for years, I blame this site and blog as the reason I did this.
    The Adventure People were some amazing toys though, I spent many happy hours playing with this set. Unlike many of the other items in my toy room, this is one the piece my kids will be able to touch and play with any time they like.

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Sweep Secondhand
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 18, 2007

The really great thing now is that are a lot more of this scale figure around than there were when these first came out. That means you can buy a couple of 3 3/4 inch G.I. Joe weapons packs and the Adventure People can finally have the firearms they so desperately needed in the 70's. You have a perfect starter set there for a Day of the Dolphin customized playset!
    - Sweep

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

god I had so many of these figures as a kid,I loved them.Fisher price got real creative with them.I remember the clear green droid guy and girl
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• RG
        Removed.
        • Oct 1, 2004

I had FP little people as a kid, but never any FP Adventure People. They look like they must have been pretty cool toys.

I did find a couple of the figures that I customized to look like the kit bashed Star Wars figures that were made by Kenner.

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

I love the AP! We had all the Space themed ones and always intergrated the SW and Micronauts in play.

When I was 8 our house burned to the ground and we lost everything (my wife swears this is why I collect toys now). Anywho, we got tons of stuff from friends and family, since it was a week before Christmas. Crazily enough we were like one of three families this happened to and it was in the paper. A local Western Auto (I think) donated a bunch of stuff to the families. We were the only family with kids old enough to really enjoy most of the stuff. We got more balls than you can imagine, football, basketball,soccer you name it... The thing was we got nearly every Adventure People Set that was out at the time. I can still remember being tired of opening boxes... We played with that stuff for years! Needless to say there is a special place in the old heart for these plastic treasures... But much like Star Wars I am just now staring to think about collecting them... Why I have resisted I don't know... Hmmm...

-Dave

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
            Stays Crunchy in Milk
            • Aug 2, 2004

I ran across a bunch of these this weekend at an antique mall. They were great and I had a bunch of them. Except for paint wear they are as durable now as then.
            Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jul 28, 2007

I use to love these as a kid. My favorites were the Deep Sea Diver, shark Hunt, Space Shuttle and the Dirt bike set. I also loved the individual packaged Sci Fi figs like the green invisible man and the weird Black robot with claws.

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

the fisher price guy with teh green van was my favorite fisher price toys rule.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who recently had to take the plunge into collecting Adventure People, at long last! Holding these toys in my hands again is awesome.

Comment

• DocDrako
                    Formerly Doc Drako
                    • Nov 11, 2004

I have fond memories of the Fisher Price Adventure People. My favorites were the dirt bike with sidecar and two figures set, the diver man and woman with boat set, and the Cowboy with the red shirt and the guy with the white shirt and red beenie. I haven't collected any as an adult, but the more I see them, the more I want them. I haven't thought about them much over the years, but now I think about them quite often.

Here's a link to a site that shows some of the figures if not all of them...

Come visit This Old Toy, the world's largest and best source for antique, collectible, and vintage Fisher Price toys, playsets, and pieces.......straight from the past, and delivered to your door!

Thanks for the memories!

Last edited by DocDrako; Aug 1, '07, 12:25 AM. Reason: spelling
                    "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

Cool thanks for posting that link, Doc, that was a cool read

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

I know I've mentioned several times on this board how much I love these Adventure People and their vehicles, etc. when I was a kid. It's a lot of fun to see that many others did too. One thing, I hadn't spoke of is that I vividly remember my grandparents mentioning, at the time, how well Fisher Price made these (and all of their) toys. They were and are so durable that I still have that parachute in my parents garage, it's been played with throughout they years..still to this day and isn't about to come part! I think that's a real testament to this line. They were certainly meant and made to be played with for a long, long time.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• brannon86
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jul 20, 2007

AP

I loved Adventure People. I had so many of them, and the playsets back then. I had the Wilderness Camper set, the Motorcross set, the Indy race car, the Parachute, the Kayak, the Helicoptor and Sub set, the scuba divers, the construction workers, the climbers/backpackers, the deep sea diver....Loved them all.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎