Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Remastered Star Trek to hit HD DVD

Antonio sent me this article:

By Michelle
    July 26, 2007 - 9:47 PM
    When the original Star Trek arrives on HD-DVD, it will be the remastered episodes using the original negatives and new computer-generated effects, Paramount and CBS announced today.

StarTrek.com has posted the press release, which gives November 20th as the release date for the first set of Star Trek high-definition DVDs, which will be comprised of the first season of the original series.

The 10-disc HD-DVD/DVD combo-disc set will include a number of never-before-seen features, including "Billy Blackburn's Treasure Chest: Rare Home Movies and Special Memories", a collection of Blackburn's private material amassed when he played Lieutenant Hadley in "A Piece of the Action" and various disguised aliens. An onscreen graphical interface will provide statistics and commentaries on seven popular episodes, and a 3D interactive Enterprise tour allows viewers to pilot a shuttlecraft around the famous starship.
    The original score has been re-recorded in digital stereo audio, and the classic opening, "Space, the final frontier..." has been remastered as well. Interviews with cast members, an MMORPG preview and several making-of documentaries will come packaged with the set as well.
    Suggested retail for the set is $217.99.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

man this freakin HD and BR dvd's are taking over now ,this sucks I spent $130 on each of the 1st 3 seasons on dvd,and I have a collection of about 750+ dvd's what a waste
    but on a good note,they should look awesome
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Well...the settles the BlueRay, or HD-DVD decision for Me.Plus...I own an Xbox 360...so I can get the HD attachment for $200.00.
      Last edited by The Bat; Jul 30, '07, 11:11 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
        Well...the settles the BlueRay, or HD-DVD decision for Me.Plus...I own an Xbox 360...so I can get the HD attachment for $200.00.
        yup same here,except I think I get it for $150 since my brother works at movie stop and they get the gamestop discount

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by toys2cool
          yup same here,except I think I get it for $150 since my brother works at movie stop and they get the gamestop discount

Lucky SOB!!
          sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

i dont like the remastered look at least some of the clips ive seen. mike

Comment

• JDeRouen
              Author of Small Things
              • Jun 14, 2001

There's always going to be something newer and better to upgrade to from what you already bought. Me, I'm sticking to the Trek sets (the $100 ones in the nifty plastic cases) I already bought.
              --
              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I refuse to be a slave to technology! My videos are just fine. And I don't like the HD newer brighter look of the old Star Trek eps. I like the spotted film and the old look to the Enterprise. The new style of the ship looks out of place. There's a lot to be said for teh way things used to be, and I don't see why everything has to be updated for the times. If you don't know where you came from, you can't know where you're going.
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Personally...I like the re-mastered Star Trek Episode's...and think it really needed to be done. I love Techology(video Game Graphic's just keep getting better, and better!). I don't think any of the FX improvement's hurt the Acting what-so-ever. But it is certainly, more pleasing to the Eye! Hey...they did the best they could at the time...but FX have gone Lightyear's beyond that now! So why not use these new Tool's We have?
                  sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Personally...I like the re-mastered Star Trek Episode's...and think it really needed to be done. I love Techology(video Game Graphic's just keep getting better, and better!). I don't think any of the FX improvement's hurt the Acting what-so-ever. But it is certainly, more pleasing to the Eye! Hey...they did the best they could at the time...but FX have gone Lightyear's beyond that now! So why not use these new Tool's We have?
                    I agree I'm an electronics freak!! I could understand what Hardy girl means,but something tells me that if you sit her in front of a big screen LCD 1080p TV and play a DVD on HD it'll change her mind pretty quick,I know it cost a lot but it's worth it to me.Not the Star Trek episodes,but the TV and technology

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Well...the settles the BlueRay, or HD-DVD decision for Me.
                      For what it's worth, these will be coming out on Blu-ray as well, as Paramount is format neutral, but will be out later than the HD DVD versions.

Originally posted by toys2cool
                      I agree I'm an electronics freak!! I could understand what Hardy girl means,but something tells me that if you sit her in front of a big screen LCD 1080p TV and play a DVD on HD it'll change her mind pretty quick,I know it cost a lot but it's worth it to me.Not the Star Trek episodes,but the TV and technology
                      Yep, after watching HD material on a 1080p set, regular DVDs don't look quite as good as they used to. Less detail and "pop". I'm a tech/movie nut too though, so that makes a difference. I've had family and friends over to watch movies on Blu-ray, and although they admit that it looks better, it's not enough for them to run out and invest in new technology. We're in the minority, and I think these new formats will remain somewhat niche products (like laserdiscs used to be).
                      Last edited by cjefferys; Jul 31, '07, 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• number 6
                        Village Idiot
                        • Jul 10, 2003

I'm going to have to wait until regular DVDs get to the point that VHS is getting to now: studios don't even bother to release new material in that format.

I've just got too much money tied up in regular DVDs, especially stuff like Doctor Who that will probably be one of the last things to get switched to HD DVD.

Comment

• Hulk
                          Mayor of Megoville
                          • May 10, 2003

I just don't see running out to get an overpriced player to see an overpriced updated effects version of the show. I have enjoyed the remastered TV episodes, and I know these are longer with more effects, but I'm just hoping the recent Season releases go down in price, and then maybe I'll but Seasons 2 and 3 of those.

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

Blu-Ray is 1080P... HD/DVD is 1080i.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by boss
                              Blu-Ray is 1080P... HD/DVD is 1080i.
                              Actually, the HD DVD format itself is capable of 1080p as well (most discs are encoded that way). It's just that Toshiba's first couple HD DVD player models could only output 1080i (and your TV had to deinterlace the video). Their newer models output in 1080p though. Sorry, I'm a bit of a tech geek when it comes to video.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎