X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Glue--a sticky subject

I'm planning a Namor custom & am wondering how to do the ankle-wings.

Part of me (the OCD part) wants to add Cap A mask-wings to feet & have them recast in resin.

The other part of me (the cheap, lazy part) wants to cut wings from plastic & glue them on. So...

I know that super-glue will work on Doc Mego rubbery feet. But what glue works best in the vintage plastic?

Thanks!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Mego probably would have went cheep and done stickers. I've thought about this and what if you pulled out the ankle pin and replaced it with a longer one. Drill some holes in the cast wings and glue them to the ankle pin?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spiderrogue
      new mego-er
      • Feb 3, 2008

that Might work as far as easiest and most secure type of thing...

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Mego probably would have went cheep and done stickers. .....
        or screened them onto the legs of a suit.

if you went to the trouble of casting wings from caps head, perhaps you could glue an ankle pin on before the cast. Then you will have a mold of winged ankle pins. Hopefully they wouldn't snap when you reset the pin in the joint.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Mego probably would have went cheep and done stickers. I've thought about this and what if you pulled out the ankle pin and replaced it with a longer one. Drill some holes in the cast wings and glue them to the ankle pin?
          Yeah, that's kind of what I was envisioning, but I thought the whole thing might be more secure if the wings were melded to the feet. Because, I think the part of the Cap wing that would interact with the pin is the front, slim part. I do think that a longer pin would be needed, regardless.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎