X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackkryptonite
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 28, 2006

Dr. Fate Justice League Unlimited Style - lots of pics

Hey people, what's been happening? I see a lot of new faces around here that I hope to get to know and a lot of old faces that I hope to get reacquainted with. As some of you know I took a leave of absence a while back to due major burn out and too much drama, and for a while there I really thought I was done with customs. Anyway, I was lucky enough to stay in touch with a few of my really good friends from this forum and some others and they were able to help me keep my motivation with the hobby. I'm talking about Merlyn1976 and gman. Thanks Paul and Scott, you guys are the best and a huge inspiration to me!

Anyway, see I built these darn bulky legs a while back thinking I'd work toward say a middle weight body builder looking body and of course I had some die-hard fans of the "tapered down" look shoot them all to heck but I still like them a whole lot and I plan on overly using them to my liking so there! =P nah nah, nah nah, naaaah nah!

Seriously, I dig the legs and I'm working on the rest of the body as we speak with hopes of it coming in 2 flavors. 1 with traditional articulation and the 2nd with some added movability goodness but in a age where everyone are making bodies these days it seems I'll be lucky if I make it any further with it.

So here's my take on Dr. Fate JLU style. I really love this one, except for the sock boots that don't match the other yellow. Hands by Russ, the rest by me except the forearms, and I hope you all enjoy looking at him as much as I've enjoyed working on him.

Nice, friendly comments are most welcome Thanks! Black Kryptonite

Here are some WIPS:

PS- If any of you have some yellow spandex or lycra that you think would match my cape and paint I would love to either buy or trade some from you for his boots so they match better.
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Great Job! very Cool Custom!

Comment

• bobbait
      What, me worry?
      • Jun 9, 2005

dang!! thats fantastic!!

ps are you going to be selling those legs?
      sigpic

Comment

• Customslab

very cool

Comment

• QDOGG
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 13, 2007

Awesome work Fred. Glad to see your back.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Hey Fred, so good to see you again, glad you're still at it.
            And what a comeback, awesome Dr. Fate, love that cape
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

really cool, except the thunder thighs don't fit the character. I don't picture Kent Nelson hitting Gold's gym every day.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• YANOULI
                Part-Time Timelord
                • Jan 9, 2006

all i'm getting is little red x's

That's better, i can see them now.

Nice work
                Last edited by YANOULI; Jul 28, '07, 11:39 AM.
                " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

I got nothing either. Would love to see the pics.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Good job capturing the JLU version of Doctor Fate. Many kudos.
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• gman
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 4, 2002

Wow very nice... It definately has the JLU look nailed.
                      Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• batmanmc
                        mego batman collector
                        • Jun 22, 2004

i love it i also llike the way you showed the parts so we can do one about 1/10 as nice. he is really nice great job.

Comment

• Megospidey
                          Museum Webslinger
                          • Jul 26, 2006

Super job Fred. Sending you a PM about the yellow lycra.

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 28, 2006

kingdom warrior - Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words!

bobbait - brother, I consider you one of the best and reading your comments are motivating! PS - yes I'll be selling the legs but not quit yet. I will let you know when I'm ready to start selling them

Customslab - Russ, you da man! Hands down the best custom parts and head guy on Earth! Thanks for the support

QDOGG - Thanks bro! You're extremely unique customs are well appreciated here and their diversity shows us just what you can do when you really open your mind... or eat hallucinaginic mushrooms

Meule - You're another one of the guys I considered the best of the best! Thanks for the positive comments. That cape is actually stitch free! I used fabric glue as an experiment and I'm very pleased with the results. Those seams won't come apart.

thunderbolt - tbolt, you're honesty no matter how critical it may be is what I like most about you man. The world needs a few more guys like you to keep things in balance. BTW, I still think your work deserves it's own style

Type3Toys - damn man, I'm speechless. Thanks! Coming from you I consider those comments the ultimate form of flattery and I hope I can continue to impress you this much.

YANOULI - Refresh page, check internet connection, there you go Thanks for the kind words man. Where's my Dr Who heah!? lol j/j lmk when you are ready to do that deal.

Dave Mc - Come on man, make it work. I'm dying to hear your comments!

Wrathdemon - Thanks man, I was happy to feel like I got that head right. I only wish they would have kept the fin in JLU. I may have to add one just to see how it looks.

gman - Scott, my bro. As always you comments and ideas are treasured by me.

batmanmc - hehe thanks man, I always like showing WIPS where possible to help inspire and show the process. The best advice I can give for doing a great custom is put your heart in to it and make sure you have all the parts.

Megospidey - Thanks man! Dude, I so need that lycra. I hate those boots:(

Ok ok, enough being over dramatic about all you cool people! Get back to work. Sheesh. BLK

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                              Vet.
                              • May 22, 2007

welcome back ,,,I think you did a wonderfull job on this guy ,,very nice work...I think i might have some fabric that will work for ya ...Ill send ti to ya not sure if its adzacly right but its very close i think...if ya want send me a pm and ill mail some to ya ...wost that can happen is it isnt right. look forward to seeing more of your stuff

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎