X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Darwyn Cooke leaving The Spirit

No surprise to me...I always figured he wouldn't be on the book for long. His last issue is No.12, followed by a new creative team to be announced. Nobody stays on a title very long it seems nowadays...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

sad day. One of my current faves. I hope DC doesn't try to bring the book in line with Frank Miller's "vision" of the Spirit.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Sandlantern
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 7, 2005

UGH...perish the thought of Miller-izing The Spirit!

DK2 and All-Tarred Batman are some of the WORST comics I have ever read!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Miller's directing the movie and writing the script, so it might spill over to the comic. uggh
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• brineb
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          ^^^ Miller's directing the movie and writing the script, so it might spill over to the comic. uggh
          That is SAD NEWS!!! I can't for the life of me understand why Miller is still so popular, he seems to hate comics and is doing everything in his power to destroy icons.

I will miss Darwyn Cooke, he's one of my current favorites!!!
          I also play with other dolls:
          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Miller's original Daredevil run and his creation of Elektra was supposedly a tip of the hat to the crime noir style of Will Eisner...I'm sure that, coupled with Sin City is one of the reasons someone in Hollywood saw fit to hand him the gig for the new Spirit movie. I sincerly hope that he doesn't butcher the characters the way he has the DC characters in his recent "All-Star" Batman efforts.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Too Bad it's currently one of my Faves....seems like I'll drop the book after he leaves I feel he really captured the feel of The Spirit and the Artwork was incredible.

Comment

• LadyZod
                Superman's Gal Pal
                • Jan 27, 2007

Frank Miller is just the latest "Flavor of the week" in hollywood. Sin City did good, as did 300. His celebrity in hollywood will only last so long as he doesn't produce a bomb (The Spirit).

Look at the golden boy Bryan Singer. XMen did great so let's get him to do Logan's Run and Superman. Superman didn't make as much as they'd hope, so what happens now? Logan's Run is in limbo, and it's announced he may not return to direct Man of Steel.

But back to Frank Miller... I have always hated his take on Batman, from the first Dark Knight to his current All Suck Batman. It comes across like he hates all superheroes... even the star. In fact I don't think there is any like-able character in any of his Batman books. Even the new one, Robin who is supposed to be the everyman's POV on Batman is somewhat of an annoying thing.

I fear the Spirit... and for the wrong reasons.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                Check out my art:
                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎