X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

How Hardcore of a Customizer are You?

Me...I will take a MINT Mego Figure and Customize it...if I'm not happy with the way Mego did it. I've changed a mint off card Sue Storm Head(but Grayed)for a Doc Mego Supergirl Repo, a MINT Lizard to Customslab Bowen Lizard Sculpt, a mint off Card Thing(for a Doc Mego Thing Head & Reproheads Suit & leg Extension's).

And it doesn't bother Me a bit! I feel I'm fixing some of Mego's Screw-up's!
    sigpic
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

If I'm gonna redo a character Mego made I usually change almost everything, from the head down to the clothes and accessories, unless I think Mego got it right. My custom Joker is a Mego Joker with a different head, a hat and some accessories. The Penguin I have planned will be completely different tho.

But I won't take figures off of the card or out the box to customize them, I use spares, left overs, junk figures or naked bodies for my customs. That's a line I won't cross.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Captain_Mego
      Vet.
      • May 22, 2007

I would cut up the rarest figure ,,right off the card ,,out of the box,,chop it up I say ...lol why not ....I need that lower leg for my frankenstein.
      just kidding ,,maybe

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I'm not a customizer at all do to the fact that I can't damage an original toy,but if I was it would only be on stuff that you can't use anymore,i envy you guys who could do that without even thinking about it twice
        Last edited by toys2cool; Jul 26, '07, 6:59 PM.
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

I will very rarely use any original Mego part (besides a body) on a custom. Usually I will always go with a repro part if I can. I have used an original Mr. F suit for a Johnny Storm, and things like that, but normally if I want to redo a character mego did, I want to redo the entire thing. Plus, I really prefer to keep original mego with original mego figures.

Comment

• Customslab

i've taken a mego off the card (superman)took a razar cut the suit off took a hammer busted the chest just so i could get the arms off lol

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

I use repro stuff or duplicates of figures I already have...but I never modify the ones from my collection.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• nightowlghoul
                • Jul 21, 2007

I would have nightmares by cutting up a mint Batman or any of my favs on card or box.
                I would look in ebay mego parts lot and try to out bid or most likely loose to some of you hehe.I went with the old "if ya can't beat em join em"

If I really had to have a part for my custom I would close my eyes and do it.
                Most likely find a character I don't care about though if I can.
                Justin

Comment

• ABMAC
                  User
                  • May 16, 2002

I use original Mego parts when I can, but I'll use repro parts if the quality is nearly as good. I've taken parts off complete figures like Happy Days and Waltons because they're cheap and plentiful, and because I have mint packaged ones in my collection already. In my opinion, it isn't necessary to dismantle rarer figures. If you're patient you can get any part you need, and usually at a reasonable price.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ABMAC
                    In my opinion, it isn't necessary to dismantle rarer figures. If you're patient you can get any part you need, and usually at a reasonable price.

True...the Mint Figure's I have Customized...I got very Cheap.So I don't feel to bad about it, and They weren't really that rare.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I'll use orignal parts, but only if it's off of a damaged figure or a figure with a damaged outfit. I can't bring myself to take apart a complete, nice figure.

Comment

• megowgsh
                        Customego HoF Curator
                        • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by Customslab
                        i've taken a mego off the card (superman)took a razar cut the suit off took a hammer busted the chest just so i could get the arms off lol
                        You call that hardcore? I got pieces of that Superman figure in my stool.

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Austin said Stool!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Alberto Malnati
                            low tech animal
                            • Nov 30, 2002

Hi guis,
                            i'm use mego originals parts and repros as well for my customs..
                            for a personal choice i never made a custom of a characters that mego already did...when i make a new one i try to keep a toy's functionality and more than possible a mego's spirit..but, you know that is just my own way...personally i love to see other customizers realizations on characters as batman or cap or whatever else..
                            Some customs are authentic pieces of art , other are more realistic than the comics character...alls have the fashion of the hands made things, the passion of the person whom made it and much more details than a regular mego...
                            also for that i love customs and custom's people..
                            ciaociao
                            BIRD LIVES!!!
                            ciao Al

Comment

• Customslab

good one austin

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎