X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Mego Trading Card Contest!

I have here in my hand a complete set of Mego Museum trading cards, from Spider-Man to The Astronaut. Do you want them? They're yours for the taking, if you can solve my puzzle!

I've taken part of an image from the Museum galleries and broken it up into a nine-piece jigsaw puzzle, and I've hidden each of those nine pieces in random messages on the forum. Some of the messages may be ones I posted, some may even be ones you have posted. They're all in messages that are publicly accessible, and none are in messages more than two pages deep into the forums or three pages deep into any particular topic.

Sound difficult? Well, I'm going to give you nine hints, one for each piece.

And you don't even have to find all the pieces! Once you've found enough to identify the photo, post your guess. I'm talking the direct link and filename to my mystery photo. But be careful, because you only get one guess! (Please post all guesses publicly)

Be careful, because even after you have all the pieces it won't necessarily be easy to recognize the photo. The pieces form only a small part of the photo; the rest is up to you and how well you know the Museum!

When you do have the pieces, you can cut and paste them into the graphic program of your choice to move them around and fit them together, or print them out and cut them into real pieces, or whatever you want to do!

Whoever posts the correct photo first wins the cards!

Here are the clues:

(and remember, the clues are to help you find the puzzle pieces, and have nothing to do with the final picture itself!)
    1. What evel is Kirk diving into? And how much will it cost you?
    2. Young detective trekking!
    3. Well, Shazam! Just the facts, Greg, just the facts.
    4. I'm your modern day super friend!
    5. Mitch, help carey General Bob!
    6. Great Scott, it's the dynamic duo!
    7. Here's a tip: location, location, location!
    8. Bundy: "Our Gang sure rocks!"
    9. Michael and Chris got their buzz on!
    And once you find one puzzle piece, don't try to cheat by trying to guess the names of the other GIFs; it won't work. The pieces are hidden on several different websites in different directories.

Any questions?

Good luck!

Joe
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • dumbldor
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 9, 2002

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

Well, I guess it wasn't as tough as I thought it was.

You win, Dan. Send me your address, and I'll send you the cards!

First person to post links to all the individual puzzle pieces will also win something, a big handful of random cards.

Joe
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• jayihdz
        aaaggghhhh!
        • Mar 6, 2007

Dumbldor my friend, you have too much time in your hands.....Congrats!!!

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=2007\
        Cool cool figures. Got all three of Wave One, Sperman, Batman and Flash and the Batmobile. Took a ton of pics of the two kids playing with them all morning. Tried to upload a couple here, but they aren't showing up. Expecting to get the "Your Photos have been reviewed and will be deleted." message again. I really do

Lunch time is over....
        Last edited by jayihdz; Jul 26, '07, 4:42 PM.

Comment

• saildog
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 9, 2006

1.What evel is Kirk diving into? And how much will it cost you?

2. Young detective trekking!
          My birthday (July 8th) was yesterday. Star Trek premiered (again) on Sept. 8th, 1966, and I was 2 months to the day. I thought it was kinda funny that TVLand started the cycle again, and the second pilot was on, this morning right after my birthday. OK, so not so much a coincidence as it was a happy surprise! I'm babbling

3. Well, Shazam! Just the facts, Greg, just the facts.
          The dealer I go to has an in box Shazam! Box has spots of missing print but is intact and deep in color. Cello is seperated from the box. The inner circle of the rack tag is punched out but the rest is not. Figure, is mint and is an early type 1 version (with the droppier crotch). All original, included the sticker, of

4. I'm your modern day super friend!
          Cool cool figures. Got all three of Wave One, Sperman, Batman and Flash and the Batmobile. Took a ton of pics of the two kids playing with them all morning. Tried to upload a couple here, but they aren't showing up. Expecting to get the "Your Photos have been reviewed and will be deleted." message again. I really do

5. Mitch, help carey General Bob!
          I think it's a good choice. I was hoping for someone like Carey or John O'Hurley (sp). What do you think? http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=269773&GT1=7703

6. Great Scott, it's the dynamic duo!
          I know these have been done to death but I've had these for a while and thought I'd share.

7. Here's a tip: location, location, location!
          Click the location shown under another user's avatar to be taken to a Google map that attempts to show that location. If the user has entered something other than a "city, state" combination, the results can sometimes be interesting.

8. Bundy: "Our Gang sure rocks!"

9 Michael and Chris got their buzz on!
          A few years ago, I was in a used store, and I came across 2 Megos in a display case. It was a Dr McCoy without belt or weapons, and a Klingon wearing an ape shirt without belt or weapons. They were $10 each and since I didn't have them, I bought them right away. McCoy still had his badge minus the foil, and his joints were
          Last edited by saildog; Jul 26, '07, 6:15 PM.

Comment

• JDeRouen
            Author of Small Things
            • Jun 14, 2001

And we have another winner!

You guys are just too smart for me!
            --

Comment

• dumbldor
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 9, 2002

Thanks, Joe. The contest was fun and very clever. I was lucky to be the only one working on it the first half hour or so.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                Author of Small Things
                • Jun 14, 2001

Congrats Dan! Your cards will be on the way tomorrow or Saturday. And next time, it'll be harder!
                --

Comment

• saildog
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 9, 2006

I definitely had fun with this. Thanks, Joe!

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

i had fun even though i wasnt as quick as dan , congrats dan.

Comment

• Airdave817
                      Satellite Monitor Duty
                      • May 31, 2007

Just saw this. Very cool contest!! And you're going to make the next one harder?

D'Oh!
                      Shameless self-promotion -
                      Earth-Dave
                      KROC-FM
                      Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                      "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢