X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Spock Is Cast!!!????

If this is true...this Guy might be a decent choice. I don't know...I'd have to see Him in full Spock make-up.

sigpic
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I'm sitting here watching Star Trek now. There will never be another Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie and the rest. This may be the only Star Trek movie I won't see.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

awe....come'on...You got to be more open Minded. I agree that nobody can replace the Original Cast...but I want more Kirk & Spock Storie's! NOT the next Gen., or any of the Other's! Give it a chance.

"Moviehole"...also had this to say..."Expect to hear a whole lot more on additional casting for "Star Trek" over the next few days....."
      Last edited by The Bat; Jul 26, '07, 9:01 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Silar? It's not bad actually.

I'd rather see them CGI Nimoy and Shatners head on top of overly muscular bodies for a movie. Not that it's a good idea, I just think it would be funny.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I have no idea who that is, but he kind of looks "alien" in that pic.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
            Stays Crunchy in Milk
            • Aug 2, 2004

That's actually a good choice.
            Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              Silar? It's not bad actually.

I'd rather see them CGI Nimoy and Shatners head on top of overly muscular bodies for a movie. Not that it's a good idea, I just think it would be funny.
              I just spewed coke on my keyboard. Have you been talking to Bill Shatner again?

I like the idea of this guy in the role. He played Silar great, and can go from calm, cool and collected, to a simmering pot of pent up emotions with small changes in facial expressions. Very Spocklike if you ask me, and you might assume that Spock hasn't mastered controlling his human half earlier in his career (as if he ever really did).

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by Hulk
                I like the idea of this guy in the role. He played Silar great, and can go from calm, cool and collected, to a simmering pot of pent up emotions with small changes in facial expressions. Very Spocklike if you ask me, and you might assume that Spock hasn't mastered controlling his human half earlier in his career (as if he ever really did).
                I agree with your estimation and for the reasons stated, Hulk. Nothing more for me to add.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

I'm also 99% certain...that Captain Kirk Role is Matt Damon's, if He wants it. And from coment's I've read from Him...I think He does...and I'm cool with that! Great casting!
                  sigpic

Comment

• number 6
                    Village Idiot
                    • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                    I'm also 99% certain...that Captain Kirk Role is Matt Damon's, if He wants it. And from coment's I've read from Him...I think He does...and I'm cool with that! Great casting!
                    I don't know, if this who they've cast for Spock it looks like they're skewing pretty young. Damon might be too old for this crowd. Sadly, that probably means Sinise is out of the running for McCoy.

As for this Silar guy, his picture dosen't really impress me, but I've never seen the show so I'll reserve judgement. All I can say is thank God it's not Adrian Brody. I have no idea why everyone was getting so geeked out over that prospect.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by number 6
                      I don't know, if this who they've cast for Spock it looks like they're skewing pretty young. Damon might be too old for this crowd. Sadly, that probably means Sinise is out of the running for McCoy.

As for this Silar guy, his picture dosen't really impress me, but I've never seen the show so I'll reserve judgement. All I can say is thank God it's not Adrian Brody. I have no idea why everyone was getting so geeked out over that prospect.

You might be right about Them casting Younger...which would put Damon out. Sadly...I thought Sinise would be great as well. But what's wrong with Brody...He's got the look, and He's a good Actor(except he's a little skinny).
                      sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Based on that pic I can see him pull it off, but I'd have to see him in full Spock make up tho to be sure
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I don't know much about the actor (and I haven't seen Heroes), but he has a Spock-like look to him (even without makeup)...

In the end, Spock, Kirk, Bones, etc...Are just characters, like Romeo and Juliet, Zoro, Hercules, Oliver Twist, Dracula, etc, etc...They are a part of our culture and the original actors will always be the ones who helped create who these characters are/were. There's always room for reinterpretation...There's no guarantee that it'll be good, though. That's all up to the writers, actors, directors who do the reinterpreting...And it's up to the audience too, depending on how open they are to change.

Hopefully it will be a good Star Trek endeavor...Trek has been limping for a while now (IMHO).

Dana
                          Last edited by danadoll; Jul 27, '07, 2:11 AM.
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by danadoll
                            There's always room for reinterpretation...There's no guarantee that it'll be good, though. That's all up to the writers, actors, directors who do the reinterpreting...And it's up to the audience too, depending on how open they are to change.

Dana

That's the Spirt Dana...keep an open Mind! With any luck...J.J. will pull it off...and We'll have many more Star Trek:TOS Adventure's to come!
                            sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

If anyone needs more convincing...The following website has a photo-shopped pic of what he might look like in the classic Spock make-up...

I think he looks quite good.

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎