• Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

DC Direct news from San Diego

No pics yet, but courtesy of Action Figure Insider;

DC Direct

Nothing is on display quite yet at the time of his call, but their schedule flier DC Direct mentions some cool new items. I don’t have descriptions yet of what they will look like but here’s the news.

13" Figure Green Arrow - April 2008

Smallville Series II - May 08 - Clark Kent, Green Arrow, Arthur (Aquaman), Impulse, Cyborg, Bizzaro

New Teen Titans II - May 08 - Jericho, Tera, Deathstroke, Robin

13" GA was the next on my wish list. The NTT wave was also on my DCD wish list (posted here on the board just last week!). The Smallville figures are welcome, now that they have more action-oriented characters to make (cheerleader Lana just didn't cut it).

Huzzah!

Chris

Pics!

NTT:

13" Green Arrow:

And his frickin' arrows!!!:

My only MINOR gripe about GA is I like GA with the feathered, 70s Neal Adams hair, ala JLU. But I'll shut up. It's awesome!!!

More SDCC toy pics here at Action Figure Insider:

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jul 27, '07, 7:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

That 12" Green Arrow is awesome! I like a lot of the other figures that DC Direct has coming out, too. Their new Captain Marvel/Shazam line looks very cool, as well.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• joshvox
      Clown Prince of Crime
      • Mar 21, 2006

I believe I read somewhere that there will be a 2 pack with batman and the joker based on "The Killing Joke." Those should be awesome.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Those Titans figures look awesome!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by joshvox
          I believe I read somewhere that there will be a 2 pack with batman and the joker based on "The Killing Joke." Those should be awesome.
          They didn't specify that it was a two-pack, but they did display the "Killing Joke" figures at SDCC. They looked great. I got pics, but I don't have a digital camera, so you'll see them after I get to a one-hour photo place and scan them in. They also had a "Trinity" series, consisting of a Matt Wagner-styled Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, and a really nice-looking Ra's Al Ghul. I also liked the New Gods set the had in the case. I don't know if I got pics of them or not, but as I said, I'll post them as soon as they're developed.

Another thing I noticed at the DC Direct booth was that the two versions of the 13" Batgirl have more than just the different color schemes. One has rooted hair, and the other's is sculpted. I asked one of the staff and he said that they made the variant with the rooted hair as an "experiment." They've never made a figure with real hair before, and weren't quite sure how to handle it. On this Batgirl, it's just a little piece that fits under the cowl. I asked him about the Wonder Woman, and he reminded me that she was not officially announced...yet. And one of the main reasons is her hair. He said they want to make sure she doesn't look like a Barbie, and they'd like to stick with the hard resin/plastic head for the sake of the sculpt, but they want to make sure the hair looks right before they release any pictures. But he reassured me that they will be making a Wonder Woman at some point.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

the ga is cool i love the loose arrows.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

I just got the 13" Batgirl

I think there had been a few pictures of the DC 13" Batgirl in this thread or another about this line, but I can't find them, so I took some of my own and am including them in this thread. She's a pretty nice figure. My local store only got the regular version, which I'm pretty happy with. For the way we're planning to display her(once we get the classic Batman and the Robin), the grey outfit will be a little more appropriate. We didn't get Catwoman yet, so Babs is the first of the ladies in this scale I've seen in person. Once again, I love the boots, especially the little zippers in the back. The utility belt is removable, and she has a Bat-purse that clips on. The only thing I think I'd prefer in the rooted-hair version, is that it would allow a little more poseability of the head. That's one thing that's always bothered me about characters with long hair. However, the one with rooted hair would look a lot more doll-like, so I think the one I have looks better with the other figures from this line.
              Oh, and another thing. She has a squishy chest. I don't know if the Catwoman was made that way or not, but I thought it was pretty funny when I realized that.

Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Del,

Catwoman DOES have the squishy chest. I should have my Batgirls on the way from our own Charlie. I'll post pics when her and classic Batman arrive!

chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎