X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Air/Gas tanks

Looking to tap into the wealth of knowledge of the Mego customs community.

I need a single airtank to go on a custom's back and a single airtank to go on his chest (horizontally). Both will be on the same Mego 8" body.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I have a couple empty N20 canisters that are about 2 1/2" tall from a co-worker. They are used for whipping cream or something. Look up cream whipper chargers. You can probably find them at kitchen stores. Would look good on the back, but might be a little big for the front.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

There are a number of "diver" action figures - GI-Joe maybe, and an AJ one that have a variety of dive tanks. Could you modify one those? TBolt is pretty creative when it come to stuff like this. Check with him.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Those Call of Duty figures & McFarlane Military figures have some pretty in scale weaponry...
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Got a Dremel and some patience? Shape a dowel, urethane the heck out of it, then paint it.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Playing Mantis AJ had a good one.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Thanks for the input fellas. Any pictures of these options available?
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• blastphemey
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 11, 2008

what about cutting in half an original mego aj frogman scuba tank.?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Dang, I still need to dig that one up for you.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

What are the Playing Mantis AJ tanks like?

And does anyone do resin copies of the Mego AJ tanks? (Mine are all melty.)
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎