X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

Klingons I can't finish

I can't finish these so I had to throw them together to see what they looked like
    http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/v...nd%20Klingons/

Someone here... has offered to sew these up for me. I was trying for Kor's costume but went ahead and tested the others. They don't look so good in person. I'm surprised at the pix. But I had originally hoped that Kor's leather piece would be a bit more fitting, sewn to the black shirt and have the gold over top, sewn on. With the beads I have on the other 2. But I can't do it. So I may send it out to be done...

But the other 2 don't look bad either. Coincidentally I bought that Silver material for a Klingon before I had any idea it is exactly the same as the Andorian suit. Go figure.

Anyway, I spent so much time on this, and I have to show at least one of you, that I wanted to post the pix here.

Thank you.

Edited to insert clickable thumbnail thanks to Jessica!
    Last edited by cdhall; Jun 8, '09, 3:54 AM. Reason: Inserted clickable thumbnail thanks to Jessica!
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ
  • 60'schild
    Silver Haired Silver Ager
    • Mar 27, 2009

The pics of them certainly look well done (regardless of your comments).

(Can you tell that my klingons are still in their original brown uniforms..... <Sigh> ???)

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

That Kor is pretty neat! I don't see what you're so upset about.
      JediJaida

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

They look pretty AWESOME to me!
        sigpic

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

They look fab.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

They Look really Good
            Sammy

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
              • Oct 8, 2007

Yeah, seriously, those really do look pretty nice.
              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• yokaijohn
                Keep it coolin', baby
                • Oct 1, 2008

They really look Great Already!!!
                Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Wow. Really? They do LOOK better than they are. I meant to integrate the vests into the shirt but just pulled the vest over the shirt to test it out. And the pants are not tight enough but you can't really tell in the pix. I wanted to sort of show off Don's Disruptors. My pants have elastic in the waist like the Mego pants but these don't. And the Black shirts are too long. And the Silver beads on the front of the 2 guys are not properly attached. I put them on last.

My other custom uniforms for the Crew are removeable and suitable for use. These are too fragile. But Kor's mesh over the leather does shimmer in light and appear Gold and Silver like the TOS Klingon vest thing did.

If I try to make 6 so my future crews match (I hope to get Kang later and make 2 crews of 3) what uniform should I reproduce?

I don't like Kor's too much now but I'm sort of thinking the other 2 are a tie. Well, I think the Silver one on the Right may look pretty TOS but I sort of like the Gold mesh on the left for a more sinister effect. I don't like the Kor one much. And I think the other 2 look sort of Megoey.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know what you think might work best for 6 uniforms I want to have someone else sew up for me.
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2004

And can anyone get one of the pix to show up here? I can't do it anymore. My "insert image" broke last week or so and isn't working for me now unless maybe I quote an image. I may try that again.
                    —-
                    - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by cdhall
                      And can anyone get one of the pix to show up here? I can't do it anymore. My "insert image" broke last week or so and isn't working for me now unless maybe I quote an image. I may try that again.
                      When you click onto one of your photographs, you will see some links. Look for the one that says IMG code. Copy and paste that into your post, and your photo should show up:

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Captain
                        Fighting the good fight!
                        • Jun 17, 2001

OOPS!

Jessica beat me to it. I just cant work as fast as a Chimpanzee!

By the way, I think they look fine Doug. Especially the guy in gold on the far left.
                        Last edited by Captain; Jun 8, '09, 12:52 AM.
                        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• cdhall
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 14, 2004

Thanks, Capt. Maybe I'll make the guy in Gold the Kor/Kang uniform and use the Silver one for the Crew? Or make them all Gold?

That gold mesh stuff is so fragile though. I'm not sure how it will work when I try to sew it down.

Those beads are silver, I will have to look for gold ones.

The pants are pretty cool? I know I can make them tight enough... but I don't have time. I think maybe the pants on the gold/left guy are darker. I meant to have them all like that. They are dull side out and I think they are good match for the TOS uniform.

So I have to ask. Does anyone play with their customs or are they display only? I originally wanted to make new costumes so I wouldn't mess up my original costumes when I made a movie with these guys.

Also, the TOS Klingon shirts disappear behind the belt. Do you think these look better as a tunic that hangs below the belt? I meant to have that fixed later but I'm curious what you think.

Thank you all for your comments.
                          —-
                          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2004

Testing Pic

Testing the picture insert again...

Looks like it works! Thanks Jessica. I didn't used to have to do this exactly, I think... but cool!

Jessica, I don't recall the thread, but did you ever post Uhura Pix?
                            —-
                            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I like them, I don't think they need any tweeking.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎