X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuzzysnail
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 18, 2007

Whats Next Castaway?

Well now that Phantom and its many variants are out, whats next on the agenda? Or is castaway toys also sworn to secrecy? Any hints at whats comming down the road? come on Dave...just a hint?
  • D!n0-M@n
    w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
    • Sep 17, 2008

I hope someone starts putting out some new stuff soon! I'm getting rather bored and tired of all the same old, same old now.

The stinky part will probably be that all the new stuff coming out from all of these great guys will come all at the same time. We'll be clobbered with an avalanche of sweet new stuff and a buck can only go so far!
    MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

dont bother them , they're trying to get the orders out!!

Comment

• roman
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 25, 2003

all in due time! I'm excited too. I'm hoping for some of what I expect based on what Cap Action stuff has come before. I am also looking to be amazed because if they get into some of the stuff Moonstone has on their roster...

Lord I need a job to pay for this addiction

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'm hoping maybe flash....

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2007

Ok Dave its time to spill the beans. Whats next? At least throw us a cryptic message for us to debate over......a puzzle to work out......I neeed to know...Pleeeeeeeeze!! Hey dont make me beg it aint gonna be pretty. (see I already used the word "aint".)

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I can't take it anymore...I've got to let the "Cat out of the Bag"....it's Classic FLASH GORDON, using the original Mego Head Sculpt & design!!!
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              Just kidding!
              sigpic

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

Tease!!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

One of the web sites for plastic minatures I frequent has this statement up and as much as I hate it I love and respect it.

"We make it a rule never to discuss or announce what we are planning to do next or in the future.
                  There are two reasons for this:

1.Superstition. Talking about what you intend to do in the future is a sure way to make it go wrong.

2.Aren't we all fed up with manufacturers who advise what they intend to release months (even years) ahead, and then keep changing it when things don't work out?
                  You have to wait and see."

Like I said I hate it but I love it.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

We should be able to leak some stuff in a week or so... don't hold me to that. We have some neat stuff planned, and one big thing coming and one (fingers crossed) really cool thing in the works, but not ours to leak just yet.

Hang in there...

-Dave

Comment

• 60'schild
                      Silver Haired Silver Ager
                      • Mar 27, 2009

Excellent news (or non-news, actually)... We'll be anxiously waiting....

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                        One of the web sites for plastic minatures I frequent has this statement up and as much as I hate it I love and respect it.

"We make it a rule never to discuss or announce what we are planning to do next or in the future.
                        There are two reasons for this:

1.Superstition. Talking about what you intend to do in the future is a sure way to make it go wrong.

2.Aren't we all fed up with manufacturers who advise what they intend to release months (even years) ahead, and then keep changing it when things don't work out?
                        You have to wait and see."

Like I said I hate it but I love it.

Well said. Wasn't it Gentle Giant that showed this incredible Star Trek 18" Picard figure at last years SDDC? And nothing since then. Now some other company is doing a 12" Picard, Data, and Worf with lousy face sculpts. Bummer.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Thanks Dave looking forward to the new news!! It doesn't take much to make me happy. I guess I'll just play with.....er pose my new Casataway stuff to tide me over.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

I'm hoping for more King Features characters after the Phantom: Flash Gordon (with Ming, Dale, and Zarkov), Mandrake (this should be easy - they have a tux via Achmed already, just need a head and Lothar), and Prince Valiant.

Also, Cast-A-Way should take a shot at making a female body - now that we have the Phantom, we need a Diana to keep him warm at night!
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎