X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Me Aliens

The Aliens have been my favourite in the Micronauts line since I was a kid so I'm really pleased to almost complete my carded set. It's taken me more than a few years to get here and a couple of the cards are open (namely the more expensive ones) but hey, I really don't care.

What's really cool about this set is the Centaurus was the first item I ever got from an Internet trade, more than ten years ago with Ron Pringle.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Great stuff Brian,I'm not a big Micronaut's fan,but I do like the aliens
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

those are really cool. after the 8'' line is complete i may go after teh micronaughts seeing how cool some of the aliens are. mike

Comment

• AcroRay
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 17, 2005

Wow. Even a couple of Lords of Light - very nice! I see a few things there that Ron mentioned many moons ago. Which editions of Kronos and Centaurus are those?

Was that you who Ron said found a pair of Lobstros claws at a flea market, long ago when it was a much less common piece?
        Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
        AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
        The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
        Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• geotroid
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
          • Mar 23, 2006

I agree with Ray - Wow! A very nice assortment. Your Lords of Light figures really knocked my socks off. I also have loose Topen and Nepos, but mine are woefully incomplete.

Tell ya what - I'll send you all of the loose Canadian coins that I always find in my change here in the USA and you can send me your LoL figures. That's a very fair trade, you know you wanna do it ;-)

Sharkos is also on my want list, it's the only alien vehicle/figure that I don't have.

Bah. I'll just grab a cucumber and place a couple of pieces of black licorice on it.

Metal Man figures also make my day, glad to see you have some mixed in! I have some MM extras, let me know if you're looking for anything specific.

-geotroid
          Chris Farley: "Mother of Mercy, I don't speak Japanese!!!"

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by geotroid
            Sharkos is also on my want list, it's the only alien vehicle/figure that I don't have.
            Same here. I hope someday to get one, so I can make a few vacu-form repro kits of it for people who just want one to fill the missing space in their collections.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Looks like someone bumped into your shelf a little bit.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                Looks like someone bumped into your shelf a little bit.
                Yes, the slightest of breezes. I've given up with certain figures...

Comment

• AcroRay
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 17, 2005

My wife once bumped a book case containing my then-small Micronaut/Microman figure collection when the display was in the living room, and the 20 or so figures all fell like dominoes. I was at work at the time, and as she tried to stand each one back up, others fell over. As she remembered how I meticulously spent time 'posing and standing' each one, she said all she could think of was the phrase "Mr Penguin always faces due south...."

Now they all have stands, the weak-knee'd little alien dudes....

Comment

• GUYx1
                    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                    • Apr 20, 2005

Very Nice Nepos Brian. I love finding those Lords of light figures.
                    While I really appreciate the color variations and such, I would always disturb me when the Lords of Light figures would fall over, since they are more fragile than micronauts. I'd be careful mixing diecast metal men into the fracas.
                    They are a pretty tough bunch to tangle with.

I used to let the different size ranges co-exist, but I found it to be increasingly difficult. It is nice how you isolate the sections so well.
                    Cheers,
                    Guyx1

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

It is nice how you isolate the sections so well.
                      Thanks, that's the German in me, I think, I'm mentally blocked from mixing things up. Good tip on keeping the metal men far from the LOL, they really are lightweights.

Nice pic BTW, I can see my "white Whale" of the Micro world sticking up there, damn you Ampzilla.....

Comment

• batmanmc
                        mego batman collector
                        • Jun 22, 2004

Originally posted by GUYx1
                        While I really appreciate the color variations and such, I would always disturb me when the Lords of Light figures would fall over, since they are more fragile than micronauts. I'd be careful mixing diecast metal men into the fracas.

I used to let the different size ranges co-exist, but I found it to be increasingly difficult. It is nice how you isolate the sections so well.
                        guy thats a nice collection. mike

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by GUYx1

That is a nice collection,you should post more pics of a better view
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kresge1
                            Museum_Bozo
                            • Jun 20, 2001

Great collection pictures guys.I love the Aliens as well
                            Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• GUYx1
                              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                              • Apr 20, 2005

Thanks, but can you see the forrest through the trees? You know me Brian, unless there is something WEIRD about it, I am ususlly not motivited.
                              Most likely there are more than a few white whales lurking in there but they are are all but obscured by all the guppies.

Brian, you have the right idea. Keep it displayable. It is nice to see how you have maintained order. By separating everything, you can actually SEE figures in there. Unfortunately over all the years I have been into this,
                              I tend to have several generations of different toylines all blended together in layers from wall to wall.

Because of my interest in "white whales" per se, nobody even knows what half the stuff is.

The carded and boxed stuff always in the background, but no room to see it.
                              Last edited by GUYx1; Sep 19, '07, 10:37 AM.
                              Cheers,
                              Guyx1

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎