X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

When you were a kid; toybox or display?

Did you bury your action figures in the toybox or under the bed, or in the closet when you were a kid? Or did you have shelves or a corner of your room where you'd proudly display your guys and playsets? And did you fight w/ Mom b/c you had this great scene on the floor of your bedroom or playroom, to be played w/ over and over, but she needed to vacuum?

Share you tales from the toybox!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I had a few display shelves,but it was mostly in the closet or the ones I played with the most under my bed
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Surfsup
      Silver Chrome Dome
      • Dec 2, 2005

I had a toybox where everything was put away after I'd played with it to avoid the wrath of my mom. I'd love to go back and have a rummage through it now.

Comment

• MegoNinja
        Career Member
        • Feb 7, 2007

To be honest, the answer is 'yes' to all of those things, the way I had my toy's spread out in my bedroom changed throughout the years. But most of the time I had all my vintage (not really vintage then ) Star Wars all nicely displayed on my book shelf, all in action poses.

My mom used to dust my shelf though, and I would be upset when I came home from school to see that all my things had been moved, I could tell immediately when my mom had done cleaning because thing's like my Stormtrooper's had been knocked over.

I did have a toybox when I was very young, like 4 years old. I wish I still had it with it's original contents because the toy's that were in it would fetch a whole heap on eBay!

Now I can safely say my toy's are all on display, with out the worry of my mom dusting them.
        I the Monster Hero

Comment

• xNo7ucK
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 26, 2006

In a big yellow toy box.
          http://xno7uck.com my BLOG

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Usually in a toybox, spread out on the floor, or in the case of a lot of Mego's, on or in the playset.

Comment

• AcroRay
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 17, 2005

Small figures & vehicles went in boxes under the bed or in a cabinet. Larger things like the Kenner Death Star and Millennium Falcon which were too big for those spaces stayed out and became de-facto display pieces (with crews) when they weren't being played with. Same with large single toys like Shogun Warrior Raydeen, Godzilla, Rodan, and my Kenner Alien.

I also had a couple of those wonderful generic "Space Case" handled figure cases as a home for many of my small figures. (I've got about 5 now!)

Model kits (like my Prehistoric Scenes, Pyro/Lifelike dinos & others) went on a couple of small book cases. The big red T-Rex stayed on the floor as a display as well, since he was so big like the Shogun Warriors.
              Last edited by AcroRay; Jul 24, '07, 11:20 AM.
              Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
              AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
              The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
              Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

i had them in drawers in a dresser.

Comment

• Airdave817
                  Satellite Monitor Duty
                  • May 31, 2007

I had a toybox under one endtable in the living room. Never called it the living room, though. Because it was the front room of our house - front door into the living room, then into the dining room and then the kitchen, back door into the back yard, it was always the front room in our house. We were always going into the front room to sit, or watch television, or pull out the toys from the toybox. I didn't really play with any of my toys in my room. They got spread out all over the floor in the front room and then picked up before I went to bed. It wasn't until I got the stand, and then the carrying case for the Star Wars figures that I started to display any of my stuff. Later, I got the Cantina Bar set, and then the Jawa set. Those were the only two sets I had. My dad was always funny about stuff. Mom was cool about my stuff as long as I picked it all up and didn't leave anything laying around. Dad grew up in the Depression, and really didn't have any toys - no Action Jackson, or GI Joe or anything like that. When I was in the middle of something with the Lone Ranger or Steve Austin or the Super Heroes or Star Wars, he would tell me to keep it down - or keep it quiet. How in the world do you fend off the Empire with pantomime?!
                  Shameless self-promotion -
                  Earth-Dave
                  KROC-FM
                  Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                  "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

I had a big toybox in the dining room that everything went into. Never occured to me as a kid to display or not open a toy.

I did hang some comics on the wall tho in my early teens.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Neither. Everything I had wound up on the floor. Clothes,toys whatever. You took your life in your hands when you entered my room. Oscar Madison would have been proud of me.

Comment

• ABMAC
                        User
                        • May 16, 2002

I kept all of my Mego figures in a zippered salesman's carpetbag thing until I rediscovered them in high school and got the idea to display them.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

I had a huge wooden toybox (that at least 2 two-year-old kids could fit in), and a small chest of drawers. Since I had so many toys, the ones that sat on top of my toybox were the ones I played w/. I wasn't allowed to go into my toybox. About every 2 months, Mom would rotate my toys. The dresser was for small dolls, toys, cars and instructions for battery-op dolls. I could go into that whenever I wanted. Sometimes I would make "apartments" out of the bolsters on my beds for my dolls and want to leave them set up. That was vetoed. I was however allowed to make houses out of 2 plant tables and odds and ends and it stood next to my bed.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

They were just about all over the place... EXCEPT in a toybox or on shelves
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

My Megos were in a bag so I could carry them around. Most of my toys were just scattered with no real organization.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎