• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spotter
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 6, 2008

Castaway delivery FAQ

Hey Gang

Lets Do Dave and Jason a SOLID and help them free up some time not to mention the large number of "where is this?" threads.

Its seems to me that these guys are working there A**es off to get us our new megos. I know there have been glitches but from what I can see they are solid members. Their first goal is to get the orders out.

So I figured we could help our mates out by creating our own Castaway order FAQ.

** We know that from a Prior post from Dave that he has shipped up through castaway order #733 ( but he seemed to indicate he has shipped a couple hundred since them).

some people who have a lower number were concerned that they haven't got theirs yet so lets try to have someone check in and post confirm of reciept for every 50 orders between #500-up.

IE you are #534 in USA and you got it. you post your confirm note and no one else in that range from your general area clogs up the thread.

Exception is if you are overseas and your order # is in a range already confirmed you can confirm again so others in your country know where the orders are. So you are #505 in Germany you post your confirm also.

please add reply with your order # and your ship to state, country and payment type (check or paypal).

** Dave and Jason split the orders to fill them faster.

** Some stuff was not yet available to ship with Phantom pre orders

some Cap Action FX stuff has shipped ( monsterkid indicated he got his) but Dr Eville's EYE device has not yet shipped

Early bird variant uniform for Phantom early bird parts are shipping later

sandals for variant achmed not shipped yet ( I can't find the note to be sure if sash is also delayed)

please reply to add in what I forgot and thanks
    Last edited by spotter; May 24, '09, 9:59 AM.
    Looking for t1 LIZARD
  • YANOULI
    Part-Time Timelord
    • Jan 9, 2006

my order was 999 and it was delivered to it's destination ( US address ) on 23rd May.

Thanks Dave and Jason.
    Last edited by YANOULI; May 26, '09, 3:20 PM.
    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
      Career Member
      • Jul 6, 2006

How can you tell what your order number is? Is it the last 3 numbers of this number, order yhst-12736645079161-815? So mine is 815?

Comment

• YANOULI
        Part-Time Timelord
        • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by CaptainTrenchcoat
        How can you tell what your order number is? Is it the last 3 numbers of this number, order yhst-12736645079161-815? So mine is 815?
        yes.

Mine is: yhst-12736645079161-999

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
          Career Member
          • Jul 6, 2006

Thanks.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
            Defender of the Megoverse
            • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by YANOULI
            yes.

Mine is: yhst-12736645079161-999

Wait a minute....you're order number is 999! Mine is yhst-12736645079161-704. Dave, any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Comment

• spotter
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 6, 2008

hang tight Megoman I got part of my order #960 today but my earlier EB order (772) still out there.

I am assuming the one I got was shipped by Dave or Jason and the other ones are still out there being shipped were shipped by the other one of our dynamic duo.

since we do know they split up the orders this seems a logical belief to me
              Last edited by spotter; May 30, '09, 10:57 PM.
              Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• YANOULI
                Part-Time Timelord
                • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
                Wait a minute....you're order number is 999! Mine is yhst-12736645079161-704.

Yeah but i didn't have any EB or Phantom stuff, it was stock stuff.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by YANOULI
                  Yeah but i didn't have any EB or Phantom stuff, it was stock stuff.
                  Same with mine. They were out of stock on the bodies at the time, which I knew and had no problem with, but just waiting now on the stuff to show up now that it lists as in stock.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Ditto.

I put in my order on May 5th and haven't gotten it so far.

I knew that Castaway was slow when I placed the order, so I'm prepared to wait.

Just in case; Dave, this is for you: Could you please see what's taking so long? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

We can now resume the topic of this thread.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• spotter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 6, 2008

Guys

I am begging you to keep this on point we are all waiting on our order. Derailing the thread to attempt to create another way to hit the guys up for info is not what I intended this this thread. I've sent an email myself about my order no response yet but I am guessing they had a lot to do between shipping out, packing for the meet and contacting us back on threads to avoid flame wars -- before we all get upset remember a few things

1 by posting what we have received and order#, location etc, we are helping everyone (myself included so this is a self serving thread I'm not part of castaway in any way just a customer) who doesn't have their stuff yet
                      2. Dave and Jason are 2 guys shipping out over a thousand orders; some of which might be delayed in a run of deliveries due to packaging size. The auto postal carrier has a relatavely small package size and is for US orders only. large boxes and International require a trip to the office during postman's hours
                      3. they guys have a good history in the community and have stated that they have no intention to defraud ( I have faith in them )

4. **SPECULATION*** Both guys have full time jobs etc sometimes a package stands ready to go but you get bogged down and can't run to the Post office (for example it took me 2 weeks to mail Teresa 2 small parts because I got swamped with work it was sitting in the back seat of my car -I forgot about it)
                      Last edited by spotter; Jun 6, '09, 8:51 AM.
                      Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• spotter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 6, 2008

reposted to keep thread on topic

Creating our own Castaway order FAQ.

***We know from Dave confirmed that he has shipped up through castaway order#733
                        Yanuoli has received his order #999 of in stock stuff and I got my FX gray ghost # 960

some people who have a lower number were concerned that they haven't got theirs yet so lets try to have someone check in and post confirm of receipt for every 50 orders between #500-up.

IE you are #534 in USA and you got it. you post your confirm note and no one else in that range from your general area clogs up the thread. Exception is if you are overseas and your order # is in a range already confirmed you can confirm again so others in your country know where the orders are. So you are #505 in Germany you post your confirm also.

please add reply with your order # and your ship to state, country and payment type (check or paypal). If your ordered in stock sets of items ( like Yanouli's), The guys would not have been waiting on parts from china to ship this so they likely shipped out ins tock orders quicker

** Dave and Jason split the orders to fill them faster.( so delivery numbers may be screwy)

** Some stuff was not yet available to ship with Phantom /achmed EB pre orders
                        sandals for variant achmed & AU Early bird variant uniform for Phantom are shipping later

** Some Cap Action FX stuff has shipped

( monsterkid indicated he got his) Dr Eville's EYE device has not yet shipped

*** Gray Ghost FX Phantoms are shipping

(I recieved my phantom FX gray ghost but not the disguise set. this may also be delayed - I have found no confirms from the guys)

please reply to add in what I forgot and thanks
                        Last edited by spotter; Jun 6, '09, 8:48 AM.
                        Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                          Defender of the Megoverse
                          • Dec 30, 2008

Well David Lee sent me a meesage that he had sent me out my order a couple weeks ago. I never received it. He sent me another message that he sent out my order again this past Monday June 1st. He said I'd have it in 2-3 days. It is Saturday now. Still nothing. They have my correct address.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

I attended Mego Meet this past weekend, as did Castaway Toys Inc. I still haven't received my Early Bird extras. I watched David Lee like a hawk, as well as the character actor he hired and brought along to play "Jason." At not one point during the meet did either of them fill any orders or mail any packages. Every couple of hours I walked back to their table and inquired, "Did you mail my ***** yet, Lee? It's sitting right there on your table, get off your ***** and mail it to me already." At one point there was even a guy heckling them about their shipping during the Castaway presentation. (The guy was a jerk, BTW)

I will say that the guy who played "Jason" was pretty convincing. It was the same guy as last year, and he kept his story straight. I took pretty good notes, and I will see if I can trip him up next year. At least Lee gives us enough credit not to try to pull a Miss Ellie on us.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

You are incorrect Steve, according to IMDB, last year Jason was played by Dick York Jr.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎