X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

King kong 1933 in 3d video clip!

here you go. I made a rough test clip of how you can turn a 2d movie into a true 3d one

RED LENS OVER LEFT EYE AND DIM THE LIGHTS
    I STRONGLY RECOMMEND CHECKING THE "HQ" BOX BECAUSE THIS WILL GIVE YOU A VERY NICE CLEAR PICTURE AND BETTER 3D VIEW--ENJOY

KING KONG 1933 IN 3D TEST CLIP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kMmbQoJ82w
    Last edited by mazinz; May 22, '09, 12:27 AM.
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • saildog
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 9, 2006

Awesome!!!

Did you use an algorithm or do you just have a feel for what works? Either case, you have some skills and a serious understanding of how to manipulate source material.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Thank you! Youtube's quality is crap which is why I stressed hitting the HQ option as that really makes the video amazingly clear and that then gives you a very good 3d effect the way it should be seen

I just use my eyes for this. I look at a picture (or video) and I say

"ok what would stand out and what should be further back and what (if I do a full 3d and not just a pop effect) would be stationary or 2d in the center"?

I wrote up a guide on how I made the clip above (on another forum). I can always post it here on what I did for this video. A similar method is used for when I do the same for 2d pictures

I am also going to do another clip (pop effect only) and possibly be using a Godzilla or other horror film. I will post the link in this thread once it is done
      Last edited by mazinz; May 22, '09, 2:16 AM.

Comment

• lepage
        The Ape General
        • Aug 12, 2001

that was cool. I would love to watch the whole film like that.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

That was awesome!!!!!

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

Glad you guys enjoyed it! It has had a few views already on youtube but no ratings or comments yet. I am sure some pople are watching it without hitting that HQ button and in that case the 3d does not work very well

Comment

• deadpool
              Museum Super Collector
              • May 2, 2009

very cool please post a hole 3d movie on here id love to see this or something else in 3d

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

an Evil Dead clip is being uploaded as we speak

No way would I ever have the patience or time to do a whole film. With what us consumers have (even pro apps) it would take an ungodly amount of months or years to finish

The clips I am making for you are not that complex with a lot of movement. If they had a ton of movement that would even take longer (probably a few days for one 15 second shot)

I mainly created this to show people that a true 3d effect from a 2d source can really be achieved if you put more work into it and not let one of those 2d to 3d apps do it for you (which most of the time it never gives a true effect anyway)

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎