X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Erik Larsen's Next Issue Project

Image is putting out a new anthology series from Larsen called the Next Issue Project. Basically its going to be next issues of long cancelled now public domain golden age books. Lots of love around for these lost golden age characters.

http://comicbookresources.com/news/n...m.cgi?id=11230
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Hmmmmm....I wonder if there'll be any "toe-stepping" between Larsen's versions of some characters and Alex Ross' Dynamite project. Personally I'm more interested in Ross' gig. Erik Larsen's style hasn't impressed me in a long time....Image Comics either.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Well I'll Defo give this a read Since I love the Golden-Age...I like Larsen he at least put out his books during the Image run and I did like his Savage Dragon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

TR, read the article and see the list of talent lined up for this, its not all Larsen, Kyle Baker and Mike Allred are mentioned, too among others.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I dunno if this is good or bad. So they're pilliaging old comics that were mostly derivative and .... well; poorly done, for ideas. It's almost as if they're saying "I got nuthin."

But the older stuff was different; which it'd be nice to see.... something DIFFERENT.

BUT; are these guys REALLY gonna do something different and true to the style; or are we gonna get a watered down version fo their USUAL crap that happens to be CALLED "Stardust" or whatnot? 'Cos you could always just do something NEW in that style. It's not like anyone's heard of this stuff; except Stardust, the artist of which just had a retrospective compilation released.

Don C.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Man, everyone is going back to the well all at once!

I actually recognize all of these guys, thanks to my dog-earred, 20 year old copy of Jeff Rovin's Encyclopedia of Super Heroes.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Yep, it is funny everybodies got the same idea at the same time. I do like the idea behind this project. it may drag me back into the comics shop. Too bad the 10 cents cover price is just for show though!!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Larsen said they might put a sticker looking pricetag over the 10 cent one so it looks like a second hand shop find.

Comment

• brineb
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 26, 2006

That looks cool ... I love Golden Age stuff and depending on how they do it, it could be a lot of fun!!!
                  I also play with other dolls:
                  http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎