X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colf72
    • Feb 21, 2008

Phantom

Hi All,

I am not a frequent poster but I do visit and I do buy just about everything new that comes out from EMCE to Captain Action to Commander X (with the exception of the NOTLD figures. I just cannot relate to why people would want these but I digress). I was thrilled with the Capt Action figures but I was pretty dissapointed in my Phantom and here's why.

The costume. The suit is not your old school Mego jump suit where there are feet that are sewn closed. It looks as if they were standard pants someone pulled down over the feet and folded under, probably to get the boots on. This causes the crotch to sit way down low and looks really cr*ppy. My Phantom looks like he has a full diaper.

In addition the boots are virtually impossible to get on and off which probably accounts for the fact that the legs/knees are very loose. It took me an hour to get the boots back on and I was convinced the knees or feet would snap. They thankfully didn't.

Again, the knee is extremely loose and was that way when I got the figure. This was probably due to the factory workers encountering the same problem with the boots that I had. If this was a store bought figure I would exchange it or return it. I just can't be bothered with UPS'ing things back and forth and waiting a month with the possibility of getting a figure in even worse condition.

These are design flaws. Plain and simple. Not the biggest deal in the world but nevertheless after such a long wait I felt disapointed. Again, I have the feeling that the boots were an issue in getting these figures put together and maybe due to economic constraints design corrections weren't made.

I commend Cast-A-Way for the effort and hope they continue to do their best and improve. I am still glad to have this figure but considering the condition in which I got this figure the prior post about two guys personally checking all of these figures seems to be a stretch. If they did look these over then I am forced to believe that they saw these obvious deficiencies/defects (silver paint anyone?) and ignored them. It isn't a perfect world and I honestly commend these guys for the effort and hope they can get more things produced in future. I write this in hopes that constructive, honest feedback hals them in reaching their goals. Whatever they do next I will be buying in but I sincerely hope for improvement (unless it has anything to do with NOTLD or Zombies).
    Last edited by Colf72; May 13, '09, 10:31 AM.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎