X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Taking your collection for granted...

As much as I love my mego collection, it didn't dawn on me until today how I have been basically taken taken my collection for granted somewhat. Due to the marketplace here, Ebay and Mego Meet the idea of anything less than bright clean Megos never even crossed my mind. I went to a show today and saw an assortment of obvioulsy playworn Megos. Nothing I needed anyway (although I was surprised to see a Thor in even passable shape at a regular show) but It just made me think how often I'm thinking about the next piece to add to my collection, not really appreciating what I already have. I also saw a boxed Catwoman for more money but in lesser condition than the one I bought from Mego Geek at the last MM. After seeing those less than stellar Megos today, I have not only a greater appreciation for my own collection, but a gretaer appreciation for what the community makes available.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

yeah I know what you mean,last January I went to the FX toy show here in Florida and they didn't have that many megos,but the few who did wanted a lot for them,the only thing that I was thinking to myself was wow I could get that a lot cheaper in the Mego market place or even ebay,the best deals I saw were a couple of loose nude DOH and Happy day fig's for $5 a piece,a loose RM Robin with no mask for $75 and the GAH exclusive fig for $40 that's it ,so yeah you appreciate this place after days like that
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

I don't know where I'd be without this place. I only have 14 megos in my collection, but they are pretty darn nice, for the price I've paid. After seeing what some go for on ebay and in the wild I've really learned to appreciate the help I get here, and my figures.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

It's an easy thing to do. So much of the fun is tied up in just finding the right item at the right time when you have the right funds in place to buy it. Once you have it, it's easy to forget about it.

Every once in a while though, I move things around in my displays. No earth shaking changes, just an excuse to handle my toys and check them out once again. Kind of a nice way to remember what you already have.

Comment

• MegoNinja
          Career Member
          • Feb 7, 2007

I know exactly what you guy's are saying. I remember when I got my first Mego (my first when I started to collect, not my childhood one), it was a Dr. McCoy, I was so excited I went around showing every one how cool it was, I displayed it with such pride knowing that it is a toy from the 70's. Now though, since I can get Mego at the few click's of a mouse either at the MM marketplace or eBay, I have lost the appreciation for getting Mego's. I have been spoilt as sad as the sounds.
          Still, I am very glad to have any Mego, especially since I see what some people are asking for them.
          I the Monster Hero

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

i can defintly agree with the not apprecaiting what you have . i have always loved the megos i have but didnt realise how many and how nice they were until i started working on my upstairs and for the first time i had to pack my megos away . i really appreciate how nice they are and how many i have. it is with a lot of mm help i got the nice figures i have. it also helkped me realise how many more megos i need. mike

Comment

• The Sentry
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Dave Mc
              It's an easy thing to do. So much of the fun is tied up in just finding the right item at the right time when you have the right funds in place to buy it. Once you have it, it's easy to forget about it.

Every once in a while though, I move things around in my displays. No earth shaking changes, just an excuse to handle my toys and check them out once again. Kind of a nice way to remember what you already have.

That's very cool Dave, I kinda do the same thing, I so love my Megos, they make me very happy and I always tell my Ma they are the best friends I had growing up. It's wonderful that I now have means to restore and keep them nice and that takes time and money. You only do that for things you truly love. So because of the hell I went through wondering if I would ever have my Megos tip top again. Now I do, and trust me I won't take them for granted EVER!
              sigpic
              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by batmanmc
                i can defintly agree with the not apprecaiting what you have . i have always loved the megos i have but didnt realise how many and how nice they were until i started working on my upstairs and for the first time i had to pack my megos away . i really appreciate how nice they are and how many i have. it is with a lot of mm help i got the nice figures i have. it also helkped me realise how many more megos i need. mike
                Yeah, packing my Megos for the move definitely made me realise how many I have. I still haven't unpacked them all, so I still have some great fun ahead
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                  I do the same. I feel like its the adult version of playing with your toys. There are a few figures in particular, that cause the memories to rush back.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

As Dave mentioned, finding excuses to move things around for a
                    different display help for me to "reappreciate" my collection more
                    ----like when I get a new figure and that has me reaaranging a little or a lot

Sometimes, there'll be people cleaning my room or there'll be another
                    situation where I can't be at my computer for a few minutes---yet,
                    I have to be in my room and THAT gives me an excuse to look at my
                    collection for an extended period of time----and with about a hundred
                    figures on display its easy to get wrapped up in doing that and learning
                    to love 'em all over again on a brand new day
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎