Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kurr63
    • May 2, 2009

My personal apologies to Cast-A-Way Toys

My personal apologies are to David Lee and Jason Schiermeyer, Cast-A-Way Toys & to ALL the members here on the Mego Museum forums.

I am writing this apology after last Friday reading the postings regarding the "Playtrekker order problem thread" I realized the subject and tone changed from my order problem to friends arguing with friends about who said what to whom and so; on but the particulars of which are moot. The point is how many unnecessary bad feelings among friends and a lot of grief for some really good people (D.L. & J.S.) who never did me or anyone else to my knowledge any harm. Also not just here on this board I feel I gave an unintended black eye to every member of PlayTrek and I owe them all an apology as well. I really feel bad about the poor perception I've given of the people over at PT which is wrong. They are a really great community made up of some really terrific people just like this forum. I’m sorry I caused this by writing a question to the PT forum and that should have been left at that, a question. But because of the sense of family I felt with the group PT, (like I'm sure you feel here at MM) I attached my personal feelings to my question. Which in hindsight that is 20/20, I should never have done. The person who read my email from PT and then posted it here was never trying to do anyone any harm. They were doing what people on the PT list do...they help! So the post was made here and now I see my personal feelings for what they really were a public rant. I was very surprised and embarrassed to see it posted on a thread so by the time I was able to post a reply other MM members posted texts expressing their opinions which everyone has a right to do and when they did I chose to reply in a poor and less than gracious manner. I acted very immature to my new friends and hosts here at MM and for that I apologize. Whining and finger pointing is no way to say hello, make friends, do business with professionals, or conduct oneself on a daily basis. Please accept my personal apologies for my poor behavior, choice of words and the way in which I have conducted myself in this circumstance.

Sincerely,

Greg Reed

AKA Kurr, Kurr63

PS

My Phantom figure has arrived and he was better than I had ever hoped for!
    MANY, MANY THANKS to the FINE FOLKS at CAST-A-WAY Toys! THANK YOU!!
  • Iron_fox85
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 14, 2008

i'm sure thing'll be fine my friend. all will just blow over and we're all be groovie with our phantom figs.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

It takes a real man to see the error of his ways and apologize like this in public. Way to go Greg
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Don't beat yourself up too much. Unless you frequent the Castaway forum on this board, it's really easy to not know what's going on with them. You expected your order in April, didn't get a response to your inquiries, and assumed the worst. As you said, your post was among friends, and when it was brought over here it was almost like taking a quote out of context. You were defensive when you addressed the responses over here, but I don't blame you one bit. I didn't think any less of you or the folks at PT. Your apology is certainly gracious, and if it's an indication of the type of people over at PT then you've got a great group over there.

Comment

• Evel KMego
          Museum Daredevil
          • Apr 26, 2006

Yeah relax. It certainly wasn't the worst blow up ever. I've had a few myself. I'm glad everything worked out in the end. Stick around, the good waaaay out weighs the bad here.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

Well written and professional. I don't think anyone will hold it against you or PT. If anyone can't accept an apology like that, then they are the one with the problem. Hope you visit us more, and enjoy your time here. Glad your fig arrived, and you are happy with him.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

Nice, and totally not needed by us (Cast-a-Way Toys). Like I have said numerous times, we own the fact that it's frustrating, and we are working diligently to make it not so. We are getting better, and with our initial purchase orders from Diamond in we feel that the pressure to do it all ourselves will be alleviated and we'll have more time to provide better customer service.

-Dave

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                • Sep 17, 2008

It really takes a lot to write what you did and I think it's awesome. As I stated before, I really hoped that you would be willing to stick this all out and return to the forums here at the MM.... this really is the place to be! This place is full of a lot of really great and gracious people.

Its great to have you here at the Museum Greg!
                MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• spotter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 6, 2008

Kurr and Dave and the rest of our avid psoters

I'M GLAD it all worked out and you don't hold any hard feelings towards us (and I hope our members don't towards each other either). I refrained from posting in either thread up till now to avoid fanning the flames.

Hopefully you will stay with us (and forgive my combination of 2 great quotes)

" go with Mego where no one has gone before"
                  Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎