X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Nova figure will be made! See pic!

Here is the link to a pic of the figure. This is to be made by a company called Eaglemoss for their line up of Marvel figures. The Nova figure will be accompanied with a full color comic about the character. Pretty cool!

• toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

that looks like a great figure,I would'nt mind getting that one at all
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• theressa
      Sewing...?
      • Jun 13, 2004

Ummmmm, yeah
      Wants, original parts; thinking...
      It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
      Custom suits, in time
      T_SUITS

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Is that a statue?...if it is I'll pass...nice figure though

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Okay, edited to say, that's the guy Brian told me appeared on a
          bronze age MARVEL activity book for children

Can someone plesae tell me if that statue/figure is a good model for
          Nova's Bronze Age (1970s) look?

I'm looking for good source material for a NOVA Mego styled custom based off
          his 70s look

Oh yeah----and nice statue'figure by the way
          Last edited by huedell; Jul 20, '07, 4:34 PM.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by huedell
            Can someone plesae tell me if that statue/figure is a good model for
            Nova's Bronze Age (1970s) look?
            It's not.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by saildog
              thanks for the heads up
              I checked out your wiki Nova link and saved the 1976 comic cover
              Love the costume and that dude's got a cool helmet!
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

thanks for the heads up
                I checked out your wiki Nova link and saved the 1976 comic cover
                Love the costume and that dude's got a cool helmet!
                Glad to help. I don't really know that much about Nova except one of my buddies was a huge fan when we were kids and I remembered the costume being somewhat different than the one on the new figure.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by saildog
                  Glad to help. I don't really know that much about Nova except one of my buddies was a huge fan when we were kids and I remembered the costume being somewhat different than the one on the new figure.
                  I don't know much about Nova either but I'm willing to learn

Any character from the Bronze Age with a cool costume like that is
                  gonna have my attention...especially when it seems there were quite a few
                  fans like your buddy who thought a more low key character like Nova was
                  worth a dang...I respect our contemporaries opinions because the 1970s
                  are long gone and all we have to go by for measuring character impact for
                  lesser known characters is our memories of the 70s...you see the same thing
                  happens with music artists...only WE can truly discuss the impact of Capatin and Tenille

I dig a bit deeper into the obscure with DC characters----so Nova would
                  likely represent one of the most obscure Marvel characters in my custom
                  collection at any given point

again, thank you for your Nova insight!

Comment

• saildog
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 9, 2006

Any character from the Bronze Age with a cool costume like that is
                    gonna have my attention...especially when it seems there were quite a few
                    fans like your buddy who thought a more low key character like Nova was
                    worth a dang..
                    You and I seem to be of the same mind, my friend.

I know this isn't a respected title and it only made it to 19 issues, but this was the first title that I ever had a first issue of. I bought it new from the rack and collected most of the monthlies. Sadly, the collection didn't make a move we made when I was a kid and I never replaced them. Last Saturday, I went to a Comics

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

The owner sagely said, "It doesn't have to be a good title to bring back memories." (The owner is waaaay younger than me and wasn't even born during the Bronze Age, yet he gets it.)
                      I read the above quote in the thread you linked me to saildog

That's a great thread that I didn't click on until now, and, yes, it
                      surely succinctly does illustrate BOTH our thoughts on this

That's what's great about these boards, they really cover all aspects of the
                      Mego era as it relates to Megoish things----not just the layout of sections--
                      but the people who inhabit them----together we can jog each others' memories
                      in a way that would be much more difficult without this meeting place

(Human Fly seems like a great character by the way!)

Comment

• batmanmc
                        mego batman collector
                        • Jun 22, 2004

i like the characters costume will learn about him.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎