X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Most Underrated Toy Lines?

I don't think Thudercats get enough love. Generally very high quality sculpts, and nice sturdy figures with pretty awesome action features.

Inhumanoids.

The Real Ghost Busters. Again, fun action features can really make a toy line. Particularly on the Monster and creatures toys.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • nvmbrsdoom5
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

My favorite "underrated" toy lines are the Fisher Price Adventure People, and the Mattel Secret Wars toys. I've met fans/collectors of both but in general I don't hear as many people waxing ecstatic about them as much as many other lines from those respective eras. And both lines (especially the Adventure People) seem to still be fairly priced on the secondary market and very affordable. And I just had so much fun with those toy lines as a kid, I still love 'em!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Agreed on all the above. Another one I'd like to throw in is M.A.S.K. The play value in that line was great. The little figures, the masks, the accurate vehicles, and then the transforming features. Great line. Too bad they screwed the good storyline with that whole "racing" thing. What?!?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I love and agree with all the ones above as well,especially Thundercats even though I don't think they are to underrated considering what they go for on ebay,but I would have to add

Dick Tracy
        and MOTU since they don't get to much love
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Dick Tracy...I'll have to disagree with ya on that one. I remember thinking those were the ugliest, weirdest toys every created. The fact that they looked NOTHING like the movie or comic strip, and were some weird amalgam of Playmates TMNT and Toxic Crusaders line was certainly one of the reasons you could find them gathering dust on shelves a good 10 years later! I personally think that line deserves to be forgotten.

The cars were nice though. Wish I snagged one to make the original Batmobile!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! see what I mean..no love
            nah I know what you mean,but I actually do think they look like the movie characters,and for the price you could get them online you really can't go wrong.But I guess you have to like the movie to really like the fig's,I actually like the Toxic Crusaders too

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

three words: Mobile Action Command

Hardly enough love for such a cool toy line.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy

ahh yes the Mobile action Command toys,I always forget about these toys.I only remember them when I see them at toy shows and stuff,never really see them on ebay to much.
                But yeah those are pretty cool

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Remco Dc Warlord,Hercules etc figures...they have bodies that resemble He- man...but IMO way cooler.Wish I still had them they were really nice.....

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy

So thats what that toy line was called!!!

I had the helicoptor and sea set.

I could never remember what they were called. I had ALOT of fun with those toys, they were great.

Thanks for trip down memory lane!!!

Lynn

Comment

• MegoNinja
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 7, 2007

how about the X-men toybiz figures they came out with at the start of the 90's? I absolutely love these things! They go for pennies on eBay, regardless each figure has it's own action feature (not unlike the Super Powers), I used to buy these things for $2 in bargain bins as they werent a huge seller when they came out either, they were based on the X-men 1992 cartoon (which is also a great show), any one else ever had these?
                      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                        how about the X-men toybiz figures they came out with at the start of the 90's? I absolutely love these things! They go for pennies on eBay, regardless each figure has it's own action feature (not unlike the Super Powers), I used to buy these things for $2 in bargain bins as they werent a huge seller when they came out either, they were based on the X-men 1992 cartoon (which is also a great show), any one else ever had these?
                        There was such a lull for superhero media and action figures at that point
                        compared to nowadays PLUS it was pre-Ebay so that collecting a mess of
                        those was my only choice to enjoy a hobby---and they were in scale with
                        my clunky DC Toy Biz Super Powers "ripoff" collection so that was a plus--
                        and the other ToyBiz Marvel figures came out at that time too, right?

I have them in storage and may pick up collecting 'em again in the future if
                        only for their aforementioned low prices

(Thank god though in 1995 for the new STAR WARS figures and then
                        the eventual Ebay surge, because there was only so much modern X-Men
                        I could enjoy)

Also, I wanna put in a vote for the CLASH OF THE TITANS line being
                        underrated---so underrated, that the set was very limited in characters
                        but, man I think it had potential
                        Last edited by huedell; Jul 20, '07, 9:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Marx's Ready Gang!

Basically a mix of 8" Mego with the classic Best of the West line! While, I never cared for the rooted hair, the look and detail of these figures was incredible.
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                            Pat Troughton in disguise
                            • Nov 21, 2007

Little Bigman...these were great if you couldn't afford all the action man bits as they came fully accessoried up
                            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• LadyZod
                              Superman's Gal Pal
                              • Jan 27, 2007

C.O.P.S and CROOKS of course. They were like 3 3/4 inch joes... standing at 5 or 6 inches! For a kid it's a no brainer!

That and M.U.S.C.L.E (based on Japan's hugely popular Kinnikuman) Of course poor marketing by Mattel did that one in more than the fact that they were tiny inarticulate gumball machine sized toys molded in fleshy pink... that came with a wrestling ring. I still love'em and collect'em.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                              Check out my art:
                              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎