X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Playtrekker Cast-a-way order problem?

I saw this on the playtrek list and thought I would post it here so Dave can see it in case he is not subscribed on that list:

playtrek-bounces@lists.playtrek.com on behalf of reed@nwlink.com
    Sent: Sat 5/02/09 9:55 PM
    To: playtrek@lists.playtrek.com

Hey Everyone,

I'm haveing trouble with a company (Cast-a-way toys) I did a pre-order
    from for a Phantom action figure. I ordered my toy back in Oct-08 with
    apromise to ship in April-09 and still nothing. The Owner David Lee does
    not return phone calls or emails. Has anyone on the list heard anything
    good or bad about these guys? I'm feeling totally ripped off by this guy.

Thanks for your input.

Kurr
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by wyldpny
    I saw this on the playtrek list and thought I would post it here so Dave can see it in case he is not subscribed on that list:

playtrek-bounces@lists.playtrek.com on behalf of reed@nwlink.com
    Sent: Sat 5/02/09 9:55 PM
    To: playtrek@lists.playtrek.com

Hey Everyone,

I'm haveing trouble with a company (Cast-a-way toys) I did a pre-order
    from for a Phantom action figure. I ordered my toy back in Oct-08 with
    apromise to ship in April-09 and still nothing. The Owner David Lee does
    not return phone calls or emails. Has anyone on the list heard anything
    good or bad about these guys? I'm feeling totally ripped off by this guy.

Thanks for your input.

Kurr
    Thanks wyldpny...I'll look into it

-Dave
    Edited because I was tired and sarcastic earlier...(thanks Spotter, good form ole chap)
    Last edited by David Lee; May 2, '09, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• spotter
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 6, 2008

De Nada Man!
      Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• GUYx1
        FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
        • Apr 20, 2005

Sadly, the playtrek post does have a point. Guess he isnt used to how these things take time. You have to find ways to not think about all these orders. You win some you lose some, but patience realy helps. I put in about 20 big orders and just don't think about them for 8 months or so, but keep a record of it all. Even online sellers who aren't busy trying to save mego are hard to get a hold of. He may not send individual updates, but I have noticed that Dave does come through in the end. He may not spend time working on the public relations, but I'd rather have someone who doesn't reply back to me, but gets my stuff out vs someone who constantly tells me the items will be shipping out next week for 2 years and then disappears without a trace.
        Dave's a good guy.
        Cheers,
        Guyx1

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

That sucks,I'm sure once he see's it he'll forget all about the wait
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I am sorry,
            But anyone Who *****es about the Where Abouts of a Pre-Order is either an Idiot, or Not all their Dogs are Barking.

Seriously, ...

Pre-order IS what is Said,.. YOU PRE-ORDER IT !

It could be a week,.. it could be a month, it could be a Flipp'in Year.

It IS A Pre-Order .

They are designed to Insure you (the buyer) that YOU will be able to most definately recieve one. You don't have to worry about the product being sold out,.. Hunting down the Product, or paying some rediculous amount for the Product on Ebay .

I Pre-Order lots of stuff for these reasons .

If you don't have patience,.. I recommend, you don't pre-Order. It will save everyone alot of Time and Effort involved in NonSense.

Just my 2 cents and opinions .
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              Defender of the Megoverse
              • Dec 30, 2008

Well said!

Comment

• GUYx1
                FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                • Apr 20, 2005

I dunno if I ever feel INSURED I will receive something, but yes, a pre-order is a preorder. With modern Mego, almost EVERYTHING (including items on ebay) are like preorders.

Not everyone is as jazzed about this as Black Knight (but I do thank you for your enthusiasm for the whole process)
                There are MANY elements that could muck things all up when NON FANS are involved.
                What if your ebay custom costume seller ran out of material to make the suit you won (and cannot replace the material?)
                What if a company botched up the orders in China, or some uninspired US manufacturer suddenly can't be bothered to make our 1/9 scale plastic chairs?
                Somewhere along the line manufacturing problems can occur.

Still, I constantly put in the orders. I have learned over the years to repress it all. I manage my mego parts orders on a long spreadsheet and try to put it out of my mind. Every once in a blue moon I look a the spreadsheet.
                For someone not used to doing that, it could be scary, especially in an economy like this. People fear that they put down the money and 8 months later if they don't hear back, sometimes they get a bit worried. I am pretty easy going about it because I tend to Invested in every custommaker and mego seller I can find, but that's me.
                As long as most of the people come through, I don't have to dwell on it too much.
                Last edited by GUYx1; May 6, '09, 2:35 PM.
                Cheers,
                Guyx1

Comment

• Kurr63
                  • May 2, 2009

Thanks for the mean spirted comments..BK your opinion is noted.

I've never done a preorder for anything before and I apologise to those of you whom my lack of experience has offended your delicate sensabilites. I did not post my original message here nor did I ask, nor was I asked if it could be posted here. I found this out quite by accident. Agian my apologies if the content offended you which from your comments it clearly did.

When I placed my original order in October 2008 the deal offered by Cast-A-Way Toys was that the pre-ordered product would ship in April 2009 which would be a 6 month waiting period, a hard date set forth by the dealer not me. They(Cast-A-Way)set forth the expectations of a shipping date not I; and they did not make any statments or caviaits to the contrary. So that is what I expected....ONLY what they promised nothing more and nothing less. So BK if I understand your opinion correctly I should be content waiting a up to 12 months for a product that was promised to be shipped in 6 months? I'm sorry but that does not make good business sense to me.

Furthermore I read on another posting from May 4th that order 643 was the most current shipped. So logically speaking my order 606, should have been shipped already then right? Well there is absolutly no way to know, no notifaction my order was filled, no confirmation/tracking numbers no product delvered, nothing; so how do I know it shipped? Should I wait an entire year to enquire about my shipment? If I do, then who do I contact at that time if NO ONE every replies to my emails or phone calls at this time? Well I guess this is a painful lesson for a first timer like me to learn. So I just want to say THANK YOU BK for your kind understanding and insight as well as your helpful and positive encouragement for a fellow collector.

Kurr

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Kurr63
                    So I just want to say THANK YOU BK for your kind understanding and insight as well as your helpful and positive encouragement for a fellow collector.

Kurr

Your Welcome.
                    And Welcome to the Forum.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Nice to see you helping out BK
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• txteach
                        Banned
                        • Jun 17, 2005

Sorry for the welcome Kerr. I hope you will consider joining us on these boards and participating. This place is generally a very fun place to be and I hope you give us a chance. I also am waiting for a phantom that I pre-ordered but it seems to me that with almost all of the new 8" figures that have come out recently, not just cast-a-way none have made their original shipping date. I just add a few months to what they tell us. Like I said, welcome and check out the place. you may like it here.

Comment

• txteach
                          Banned
                          • Jun 17, 2005

BTW can someone pm me and let me know how to tell what # you are on the list to get the figures?

Comment

• Type3Toys
                            Home Of The Type3 Body
                            • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            Nice to see you helping out BK
                            I agree. These poor guys are doing thier best. I have said it before and I will say it again, I like Castaway figures and I will continue to buy them.
                            I will preorder them to make sure I get them and get them at the best possible price. Perhaps somebody else wants to try to pull all this off, assume the risk, so we have new 8" toys to play with?

Keep up the good work Castaway
                            LOOK
                            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• txteach
                              Banned
                              • Jun 17, 2005

I totally agree with you John but we can't tear apart new guys when they ask about their orders. Some of these guys are new to the hobby and don't understand that sometimes stuff happens. We both know that cast-a-way is doing their best but I think we need to use more tack with guys who are new to the hobby and the boards. I'm guilty of not doing that in the past so I want to make sure I don't do it any more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎