• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

The I Got My Phantom Thread

Guess what?
    I got my Phantom and Achmed today! They are really nice and I am very pleased. Thanks Dave, Jason and all those involved in making this possible.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net
  • blastphemey
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

you should post some pics

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

I came home expecting, well more like hoping, to find mine . . . no dice
      No worries he'll show up soon, can't wait!
      -jim
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 18, 2007

Ok I received my Phantom Early bird today....sort of. A few problems with this guy, let me know if this is common with anyone elses. First the stitching is coming loose in several places on his costume. Second there is silver fingerprints on his black gunbelt and on his hands. and finally the worst of it all....no early bird stuff! Was the early bird stuff not shipping with the early bird figure? Other wise he is everything I have grown to expect with Castaway toys. Wicked articulation great looking props, fantastic head sculpts. One more slight disapointment was that I ordered the Kick *** chair, and was hoping it would ship with the figure....but alas it was not to be....The phantom that walks will continue to walk...no rest for the cool purple dude!!
        Last edited by Fuzzysnail; May 3, '09, 9:40 AM.

Comment

• blastphemey
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 11, 2008

pics!?!? ^^^^^^^

Comment

• steelcouch
            Career Member
            • Feb 11, 2006

Yes I think I read in a post here that the yellow suits were not done in time and were going to ship seperately when they were ready.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 18, 2007

You were right I found this little nugget on another thread....thanks for the heads up...but I really wasn't worried. Castaway Toys always comes through, and makes things right.

"The yellow outfit was delayed and will ship seperately as soon as they arrive. "

Comment

• roman
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 25, 2003

Awesome!!! I got my figure yesterday Beautiful figure, I mean really nice work. I like the packaging as well.

Dave, Jason great work.

The yellow suit was marked as sending soon. I still have not received my EB coupon though but no worries.

So, after Phantom what is next?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

I ordered late in the game...anyway we could get an update as to where you are number wise with shipping?? I think my order was in the 700's.

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                    I ordered late in the game...anyway we could get an update as to where you are number wise with shipping?? I think my order was in the 700's.
                    Fair Enough, I'll try to post tonight where I left off once I wrap up or tomorrow night. We hope to get em all out by then...

-Dave

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Awesome!!! I got my figure yesterday Beautiful figure, I mean really nice work. I like the packaging as well.
                      This is as good a place as any to thank my friend Bobby White for taking the photos on the back of the packages. We had a real fun time setting up the prototypes and Jason's original throne and Devil sculpts. I had a blast on the front packaging art. Quite an honor to be able to draw the Ghost Who Walks on officially licensed material. Thanks Dave and Jason!!!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

Got my 2 sets yesterday. Thanks for the note advising about the EB extras delay David.

Quick review:

The Phantoms both look great. The guns and holster rock. No issues with the outfit that I can see, both were well made and sewn.

Achmed is cool too, although the finish on the suit jacket is a bit frayed and the pants a bit restrictive of his leg movement. The knife is excellent, and the sculpt is very nice. I wouldn't mind some extras of that for customs.

Packaging is nice as well, standard castaway clam with nice artwork and composition.

Comment

• GUYx1
                          FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                          • Apr 20, 2005

My 2 pack arrived as I was leaviong for work today and I only had a few minutes to give it a quick once over.

You know how it is with Pre-Orders. You never know. So I was happy to receive something, but now that you mention it, my Purple Phantom also had Silver paint marks on his Purple costume. No clie where the paint came from, as he doesn't have any visible accessories to get paint rubs from.

As you mentioned, no Yellow suit, but I did receive PART of the Achmed suit.
                          The Sandals were missing - Not certain if the red belt was there.
                          Otherwise his accessories seem to be there and bagged to avoid any paint.

Will the rest of the Achmed suit be shipped with the Yellow Phantom Suit?
                          Cheers,
                          Guyx1

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                            Defender of the Megoverse
                            • Dec 30, 2008

Good to see people are getting theirs. I hope mine comes soon.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

The I Got My Phantom Thread.......

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
                              Good to see people are getting theirs. I hope mine comes soon.
                              Dido!!! I can't wait to get my 2 pack (phantom and Achmed).

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎