• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

I am supremely bummed!

Hi folks,

I posted this on the Micropolis Embassy Yahoo group in hopes of getting some feedback...Nobody has responded in the week following my post. I'm hoping some of you guys might share your thoughts on this.

I recently made an offer on a BIN/Best Offer big lot of Micronauts
    parts on Ebay (I forgot to mention that: My offer was accepted and I then went to Paypal and payed for the item...Later when I went back to Ebay the next day) The seller had sent me a message apologizing, saying they had forgotten to remove the items and had already sold them at a show. I really could have used those parts to complete some of my collection...Sigh. The items had been on Ebay for over a month once and ended, then were set to run for another 20 something days when I put my offer on them.

I apologize for whining, guys...But I was really angry, frustrated and disappointed...I just needed to vent a bit...
    That's it...The seller rejected the Paypal payment, saying again they were sorry, but with only about thirty items on Ebay...You'd think this person would have known what they had for sale still and what they did not. Like I said...I needed to vent a bit.

What are your thoughts?...It even crossed my mind to throw a huge fit and report them to Ebay for falsehood/fraud, but I calmed down and decided to approach it with a more level head. It was just a mistake on their part, but I have to say..it was a pretty stupid mistake and I ended up feeling screwed/punked/etc...

Best.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Jul 18, '07, 9:40 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Hey Dana I know exactly how you feel,as everyone knows this has happened to me a lot lately (Vintage Adventurer and Talos ) but the fact is ebay won't do anything any way.I think it's BS,cause why would he accept the offer,he should've just declined it,but who knows what really happened,atleast he didn't take your money.Just keep looking and hopefully something better will pop up
    good luck
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• AcroRay
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 17, 2005

Don't feel bad. If the Embassy had multiple forums there would probably be some comment in a sub-forum, but eBay 'problems' are so common they've been talked to death, so they generally don't generate much comment.

I've got a couple of policys at the Embassy discouraging eBay griping as well, usually because it generates lots of posts and doesn't really have much to do directly with Micronauts or Microman, or at worst public flame wars between member-buyers and member-sellers.

I just had some b45t4rd in the UK file disputes against me at eBay and Paypal because something I sent him never showed up. No inquiry personally to me about it over a month and a half after they shipped. No "hey, it hasn't shown up yet. What's up?", just a "You have a dispute" notice from eBay & Paypal. Jerk.
      Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
      AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
      The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
      Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• geotroid
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
        • Mar 23, 2006

I never replied at the Embassy, either, because it kinda sounded like a non-issue. You got your money back, so there was no real urgency.

Sounds like the seller was a bit unorganized, but at least he was honest. That's a quality to be thankful for, especially when waiting for a complete stranger to refund your money via the internet.

You sound REALLY disappointment at not getting those parts. What were they??? Please send me your Micronauts parts want-list and I'll see if I can help you out.

-geotroid
        Chris Farley: "Mother of Mercy, I don't speak Japanese!!!"

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by AcroRay
          Don't feel bad. If the Embassy had multiple forums there would probably be some comment in a sub-forum, but eBay 'problems' are so common they've been talked to death, so they generally don't generate much comment.

I've got a couple of policys at the Embassy discouraging eBay griping as well, usually because it generates lots of posts and doesn't really have much to do directly with Micronauts or Microman, or at worst public flame wars between member-buyers and member-sellers.
          I apologize for griping, Ray...I vented/got it off my chest, but thanks for listening.

I just had some b45t4rd in the UK file disputes against me at eBay and Paypal because something I sent him never showed up. No inquiry personally to me about it over a month and a half after they shipped. No "hey, it hasn't shown up yet. What's up?", just a "You have a dispute" notice from eBay & Paypal. Jerk.
          That sucks, Ray. I hope you're able to resolve it amicably soon.

Dana

Originally posted by geotroid
          I never replied at the Embassy, either, because it kinda sounded like a non-issue. You got your money back, so there was no real urgency.

Sounds like the seller was a bit unorganized, but at least he was honest. That's a quality to be thankful for, especially when waiting for a complete stranger to refund your money via the internet.

You sound REALLY disappointment at not getting those parts. What were they??? Please send me your Micronauts parts want-list and I'll see if I can help you out.

-geotroid
          Thank you Geo. Some of those parts are almost impossible to get, I think you'll understand my frustration when you see the list.

Here's a link to the lot...

Dana
          Last edited by danadoll; Jul 18, '07, 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• batmanmc
            mego batman collector
            • Jun 22, 2004

that sucks but at least you got your money back and a better lot may come up. good luck in finding a better lot. mike

Comment

• danadoll
              Micronaut Nut!
              • Apr 11, 2005

Thank Mike, thanks everyone.

Dana

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

So, would I be correct in assuming, Danadoll, that some of the things you need are Phobos parts, Terraphant parts and perhaps Star Defender parts? (Unbroken Aquamotors are also always handy to have.)

Phobos bits are a real challenge in particular, as is parting togther a loose Star Defender.
                Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

So, would I be correct in assuming, Danadoll, that some of the things you need are Phobos parts, Terraphant parts and perhaps Star Defender parts? (Unbroken Aquamotors are also always handy to have.)

Phobos bits are a real challenge in particular, as is parting togther a loose Star Defender.
                  Yes...I need a Phobos head, Aquamotors and Tron bodies, the Star Defender parts and Microrail parts were more pluses in the lot. Those are why I was so disappointed.

Dana

Comment

• geotroid
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
                    • Mar 23, 2006

Hmm. I'll take a look in my parts bin and see if I can find anything for you.

-geotroid

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

Thank you, Geo.

Dana

Comment

• geotroid
                        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
                        • Mar 23, 2006

Originally posted by danadoll
                        Yes...I need a Phobos head, Aquamotors and Tron bodies, the Star Defender parts and Microrail parts were more pluses in the lot. Those are why I was so disappointed.

Dana
                        Dana,

Sorry I took so long in getting back to this thread. I found my extra Phobos head, but it's a bit worn. It suffers from two spots of chrome loss near the tips of his horns.

Let me know if you're still interested.

Feel free to send a PM with your complete "parts wanted" list.

-geotroid

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

Sorry to resurrect a deceased thread, but...

Update...The same Ebay seller, RNA3030 has offered the same items again for sale on Ebay...I was very peeved (and bummed out again) when I found out. Is it fraud for them to have accepted my best offer, then tell me they sold it already and later place it for sale again?

Should I put this in the back room as an Ebay seller to avoid?

Dana

P.S. Geo has kindly offered to help me out with some parts needs here....

THANKS GEO!

EDITED TO ADD: RNA3030 claims these are totally different items...You decide...

They appear to me to be the exact same items, merely arranged differently and a new photo taken...

Original listing...

Large Lot of Vintage Micronauts Parts - (eBay item 140113941031 end time Jul-08-07 16:54:17 PDT)

New listing...

Large Lot of Vintage Micronauts Parts and Pieces - (eBay item 140170881748 end time Oct-26-07 17:39:07 PDT)
                          Last edited by danadoll; Oct 23, '07, 9:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎