• Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Mexican Horror Movies

What are your favourites?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

El Espinazo del Diablo (The Devil's Backbone), Cronos, El Esqueleto de la Señora Morales (The Skeleton of Mrs. Morales), La Horripilante Bestia Humana (Night of the Bloody Apes)...and all them Santo & Blue Demon flicks fighting monsters, mummies, witches, mad scientists, zombies, vampires, werewolves, and space aliens, lol.

...and that Spanish-language Dracula (filmed at the same time as the Tod Browning's English version one)...many of the cast and crew were Mexican/Spanish.

El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) is not exactly horror...but it's a fantasy film with some elements of horror...that one is also a Mexican film (although set in Spain with a mostly Spanish cast).
    Last edited by Hector; Apr 22, '09, 1:07 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• jayihdz
      aaaggghhhh!
      • Mar 6, 2007

I used to go to the "matinee" every sunday morning to watch all Santo or Blue Demon movies, they will always play some stupid spanish western or romantic movie first and the main feature Santo vs ..... or Blue Demon vs.... lots of fun!!!

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

MY Favorite are the Neutron Movies. You can't go wrong with early 1960s Lucha Libre flick with the evil Dr, Corante. Like Star Wars it has many parts 4-6? movies. There is a mystery about who the secret identity is of the hero is with 3 possible choices. C'mon it's got Zombiesssssssssssssss!

I am also a big fan of the comics, I was lucky and bought a big batch that was from Roy Thomas's collection years back.

Comment

• jayihdz
          aaaggghhhh!
          • Mar 6, 2007

Chabelo & Pepito Vs. The Monsters.... I just remember this one, it was really funny for a monter movie....

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
            El Espinazo del Diablo (The Devil's Backbone), Cronos, El Esqueleto de la Señora Morales (The Skeleton of Mrs. Morales), La Horripilante Bestia Humana (Night of the Bloody Apes)...and all them Santo & Blue Demon flicks fighting monsters, mummies, witches, mad scientists, zombies, vampires, werewolves, and space aliens, lol.

...and that Spanish-language Dracula (filmed at the same time as the Tod Browning's English version one)...many of the cast and crew were Mexican/Spanish.

El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) is not exactly horror...but it's a fantasy film with some elements of horror...that one is also a Mexican film (although set in Spain with a mostly Spanish cast).
            I liked Pan's Labyrinth and Cronos is good
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jayihdz
              aaaggghhhh!
              • Mar 6, 2007

If you gusy have a chance and want to watch a funny film about mexican goverment (sort of) watch Herod's Law. You will love it, not a horror movie but funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod27s_Law

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by jayihdz
                Chabelo & Pepito Vs. The Monsters.... I just remember this one, it was really funny for a monter movie....
                Yo bro...you messican like me?

sigpic

Comment

• jayihdz
                  aaaggghhhh!
                  • Mar 6, 2007

You forgot already, this is like the third time you ask....lol yes I am....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Really like the Brainiac, and Santos movies, how can a guy go wrong there?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego boy CA
                      megos are FUN!!
                      • Mar 30, 2006

when i was a kid my favorite was "santos contra las momillas"
                      sigpic
                      "To The Batmobile!"
                      "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

You forgot already, this is like the third time you ask....lol yes I am....
                        I think it's because you don't post as often as others in here....and yes...I do tend to forget...sorry.

Heey, are you Messican?

sigpic

Comment

• steelcouch
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 11, 2006

You know what being mexican myself never really watched a mexican horror movie. Its a shame I know. Did watch the mexican novela el malificio with my parents growing up.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                            OH JES!!
                            • Jul 21, 2005

I used to go to the "matinee" every sunday morning to watch all Santo or Blue Demon movies, they will always play some stupid spanish western or romantic movie first and the main feature Santo vs ..... or Blue Demon vs.... lots of fun!!!
                            Hahahah That was me also...I was raised on this and yes I hated the Romance one....I would die sitting through them just to finally get to the horror and wrestling movies..... I really miss my Spanish Grindhouse!

Here's a great site

Cinefear: Mexican Horror Movies

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Neutron X
                              MY Favorite are the Neutron Movies. You can't go wrong with early 1960s Lucha Libre flick with the evil Dr, Corante. Like Star Wars it has many parts 4-6? movies. There is a mystery about who the secret identity is of the hero is with 3 possible choices. C'mon it's got Zombiesssssssssssssss!
                              Zombies too? My friend, you had me at "Lucha Libre".

Going to seek out Neutron.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎