View Full Version : Old Japanese Macross Ad

tmthor
Jul 17, '07, 4:03 PM
I Love the Japanese ads for their toys

http://video.google.com/videohosted?docid=-4452667088271536972

ctc
Jul 19, '07, 8:42 AM
HAW!

I love Japanese toy ads! Especially the older ones. They're like weird little movies. (The first few Microman onesa re definitely my faves; with the one guy stopping the train and such.)

The packages are nifty too; with them action paintings and hyperactive writing....

Don C.

palitoy
Jul 19, '07, 9:38 AM
Japanese toy commercials are crazy fun, they break every North American rule for toy advertising and yet, society doesn't crumble....

tmthor
Jul 20, '07, 10:15 AM
I always like how they are like little movies

toys2cool
Jul 20, '07, 10:29 AM
yeah I love Japanese commercials as well,the US should try and do them the same way :grin:

ctc
Jul 21, '07, 10:11 AM
>the US should try and do them the same way

I don't think they legally CAN. Isn't there a law that you can only have the toys doing stuff they can actually do? So you can't do stop action animation with them, or little movies, or the like.

On a semi-related "they think we're all morons and maybe we are" note: Does it bother anyone else that the "Red Bull" adds have to include a disclaimer that the drink doesn't ACTUALLY make you fly....?

Don C.

toys2cool
Jul 21, '07, 10:23 AM
>the US should try and do them the same way

I don't think they legally CAN. Isn't there a law that you can only have the toys doing stuff they can actually do? So you can't do stop action animation with them, or little movies, or the like.

On a semi-related "they think we're all morons and maybe we are" note: Does it bother anyone else that the "Red Bull" adds have to include a disclaimer that the drink doesn't ACTUALLY make you fly....?

Don C.

really? wow I never knew that,it's been a while since I sat down and watched toy commercials and in the 80's there was a lot of this stuff going on.But thanx for the info