Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucasd4
    • Jun 1, 2007

Phantom figure at FX

Just got back from the FX Show in Orlando. I met Dave (real nice guy) from Castaway and bought the FX Exclusive Phantom with the additional gray head and suit. This figure is simply amazing. The quality is top notch. The bodies are very sturdy and the articulation is incredible. Also, got to see the nude bodies in red and a few other colors. They looked great. This body is the best Mego style body I've ever seen, hands down.

Also, saw lots of Megos at the show. I bought a nice loose Tarzan in Mint Condition with the knife. Saw lots of mint in box, mint on card stuff as well.
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Are these going to be sent out soon to pre-orders? It's all great that you were able to get this at some show but I pre-ordered this a long time ago. I will never pre-order figures again. I'll wait for venders/companies/suppliers to actually have product before pre-ordering.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

The only Phantom figures at FX were the FX Exclusive ones with the extra grey head and suit - made just for the show. They were over-nighted to them at the hotel in time for the show. The early-bird Phantoms with the yellow stuff should be going out really, really soon - like as soon as David and Jason get back home. We should start seeing things then.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• lucasd4
        • Jun 1, 2007

Right, the Phantom I bought was the FX SHOW Exclusive. Dave told me that they arrived just hours before the show.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

They were bad ***! I don't collect those figures but I really wanted one after I saw it
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
            • Aug 14, 2007

yeah, I'm a little soured on pre-ordering, too. Impulse purchases lose their novelty when you have to wait so long.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by txteach
              Are these going to be sent out soon to pre-orders? It's all great that you were able to get this at some show but I pre-ordered this a long time ago. I will never pre-order figures again. I'll wait for venders/companies/suppliers to actually have product before pre-ordering.
              I hear ya, teach. I could have spent the 30 bucks for the fx ticket and 10 bucks to park and had one, but I figure 25 bucks is already enough to pay for the figure.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 10, 2004

Just to clear the air here. We didn't just ship the show exclusives and forget about the people who ordered the early birds. We got the early birds and the show exclusives at the same time. We paid about $2000 extra to overnight ship everything here so everyone could get their figures sooner and we could offer some figures at the show. We had hoped to get our shipment in before the show so we could ship the early birds out before we went to Florida. The factory had a small delay and didn't ship the figures until the Thurs the 16th and they arrived on Fri the 17th. There wasn't a plot to screw anyone that was just how things worked out with the factory. The figures will arrive in KS on FRi and we'll start shipping them out. The early bird Achmeds are here as well as the Phantom figures. The yellow outfit was delayed and will ship seperately as soon as they arrive.

The good news is the factory has gotten alot faster. Each time the wait gets a little less.

TXteach we understand the early bird concept sucks. We have tried to make it clear to everyone from the beginning that until we have an extra $10,000 laying aroung it is something we have to do to continue making figures. The pay off is you get some really cool extra goodies that are very limited. We've had probably 200 emails from people stateing they wish they would have paid the extra $5 and bought the early bird Captain Action and Dr. Eville because of all the cool things they came with. As far as the wait goes everyone waits just as long whether they pre-order or not. Again this idea isn't for everyone, you have to weigh the pros and cons. The pre-order is something alot of companies have to do now because companies don't have extra money laying around to make extra product and hope it sells. Basically you make a little more than was ordered.

We have some new product coming out this weekend, some left over exclusive figures and thrones as well as some new announcements coming soon. Stay tuned.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to receiving some new toys!
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Cool...thanks for the info Jason! Still hoping for some different colored Bodies(green & Black).
                    sigpic

Comment

• cptaction
                      • Nov 15, 2007

Jason - Please get in touch

Sent you an email the other day. Want to get the scoop on the FX show, and Captain Action.

Thanks,
                      Joe

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

The stealth CA and Dr. Ling (which sold out I believe) were way cool. I love the glow-in-the-dark stickers and evil eye. Well worth picking up.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎