X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beartex2000
    For display only!!
    • Jun 2, 2007

Classic GI Joe- Adventure Team

If anyone is interested both Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters is offering 12 inch adventure team GI Joes that are repros from the originals. At 15 bucks each its a good deal. Just go to either stores website and searcj for Joe!
  • nikejam25
    • Jun 29, 2007

The GI JOE adventure team had the coolest accessories and figures.
    Dammit Jim!!! I'm a doctor not a forklift!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by beartex2000
      If anyone is interested both Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters is offering 12 inch adventure team GI Joes that are repros from the originals. At 15 bucks each its a good deal. Just go to either stores website and searcj for Joe!
      Walmart is going to have them for 10 bucks this fall.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 18, 2007

LOL - eBay will have them for $49.99 for anyone too stupid to do a little research! I understand the neccisity of a secondary market but it's pretty low for these schmuck to be putting the Hot Topic and Urban Outfitter Joe's out for as much as $50 when you can find them in almost any mall in the country or order them online at their websites for $15!
        - Sweep

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I'll do you one better. It's the members of the GI Joe Club who are feeling the burn right now. Here the "Club" has been putting out these "exclusive" reproductions of the Adventure team figures for $50+ a piece and now their all coming out for $9.99. What an utter screw for those poor collectors who bought into that nonsense.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Well in all fairness, the club had to buy much lower numbers than Wal-Mart hence the higher price. I have never seen one doll in Hot Topic, where do they keep them?

As for the Wal-Mart ones, I will be filling my cart this fall.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
              Well in all fairness, the club had to buy much lower numbers than Wal-Mart hence the higher price. I have never seen one doll in Hot Topic, where do they keep them?

As for the Wal-Mart ones, I will be filling my cart this fall.
              I've been going to the Hot topic in my mall for about 4 months now and have yet to see one in person either
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

I had no luck with any of the Hot Topics in my area, of which I visited about three or four different ones. I never saw one Joe there, and when I'd ask the staff they had no idea what I was even talking about. Given their purple hair and the fact that they're about 17 years old, I wasn't surprised LOL I wound up buying mine on the secondary market but I paid a very fair price for them, far less than $40. I'm looking forward to the Wal-Mart releases, hopefully I have better luck with those.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • May 18, 2007

There are three Malls in my area and all three have Hot Topics. Every one of them has had both the Land Adventurer and Air Adventurer figures. I bought two of each from two different stores. The layout of each store is slightly different and I have found them in different areas in different stores AND at different times. You just have to look but the stores aren't that big and you also have to check because I have observed them selling out and then restocking a week later. You are right about the staff being useless. They wouldn't know a G.I. Joe if a talking was behind them on the shelves continually repeating "Hello, I'm a G.I. Joe"!

When the Land Adventurer was first announce I just assumed none of my stores would get them so I ordered one online. It was the same price online and I also got a cool kung fu grip T-shirt. At that time they were having a special promotion on free shipping for orders over $25 so I got it delivered to my house for free.

They did a really nice job on the figures (although the Land Adventurer ahd the wrong gun and the Air Adventurer had the Sea Adventurer's uniform). I hate to say this but at $15 each it is cheaper to buy these guys for reproduction parts than to order from Cotswold!
                  - Sweep

Comment

• saildog
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 9, 2006

Glad to read of similar experiences in Hot Topic.

I went in one about two weeks ago searching for Joes and I have never felt so old in my life. I would have felt less out of place in a Chuck E Cheese.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

I was able to get one from my Hot Topic the girl who worked there did know what they were and she told me how they were selling like crazy they haven't restocked it since.....

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I'll do you one better. It's the members of the GI Joe Club who are feeling the burn right now. Here the "Club" has been putting out these "exclusive" reproductions of the Adventure team figures for $50+ a piece and now their all coming out for $9.99. What an utter screw for those poor collectors who bought into that nonsense.
                        Walmart just has the sheer buying power to get them so cheap.

I belong to the Gi joe club and I have all the AT figures they have made less the Land Adventurer so far, only because I don't want to pay around $150ish for him at eBays going rates... Not yet anyway...

So far they have yet to be burned or anyone else to be burned by these store exclusive figures.

The figures the club is putting out are totally different then what the stores are putting out all together.

The club is putting out the regluar hand AT figures with the first issue boxes at $50, the stores are doing Kung Fu grip figures with KFG boxes at $10-15, two totally differnt figures and boxes.

Unless the club is/was putting out KFG figures at $50 then no one in the club is getting burned by the $10-15 price tag by Walmart.

If Walmart put out the AT regular hand and first issue box figures at $10-15, then yes, I would agree with you.

Lynn
                        Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Jul 20, '07, 8:03 PM.

Comment

• LadyZod
                          Superman's Gal Pal
                          • Jan 27, 2007

I managed to snag one from Hot Topic and one from Urban Ouitters (two different ones) and they are pretty nice looking.

No one will mistake them for originals, but the boxes are close enough to look good on my display shelf.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                          Check out my art:
                          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

GI Joe Air Adventurer w/ Kung Fu Grip is now only $6.99 at Urban Outfitters.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • May 18, 2007

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                              GI Joe Air Adventurer w/ Kung Fu Grip is now only $6.99 at Urban Outfitters.
                              Hol-lee Toldeo Globe, thanks for the tip! I don't know if you meant the stores or not but the figures ARE on Urban Outfitter's website for only $6.99 and apparently they have plenty. At least they DID have plenty! I just bought a boat load and even with tax and shipping it still only came out to $8 each. You can barely get reproduction KFG hands from Cotswold for that and these hands are superior to theres!
                              - Sweep

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎