• Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

You know what?

I'm happy.

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jul 17, '07, 8:32 AM.
    sigpic
  • brineb
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 26, 2006

Me too!!! I want them real bad!!!
    I also play with other dolls:
    http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I've really cut back on the DCD 6 inch purchases, but these are too good to be true to me. I was thinking about getting that History of Batman set just for the cobbled together GA Batman, but this one is very similar, but less goofy looking. So I'll take him! And I dig the more Shusteresque GA Supes. Much like Wally Wood drew him in All-Star in the 70s. Hawkman with the cowl is one I thought I'd NEVER see.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

God I've been trying to cut back on these figures and now this......This will be to hard to resist.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

wow they all look great,but that Batman and Superman are just awesome,gotta get me those 2
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Sandlantern
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jul 7, 2005

Batman's kinda got that Dick Sprang vibe...very cool.

I still really want to see them really PERFECTLY NAIL the image of Shuster's Superman though. That new one IS a step in the right direction!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I still really want to see them really PERFECTLY NAIL the image of Shuster's Superman though. That new one IS a step in the right direction!
              I think they did a pretty good job with the First Appearance Superman figures (both the single and variant non-smiling one from the History of set) but that was the very earliest Shuster Supes with the sandals. They should just sculpt some new legs with the 2-rounded point boots and release that.

I'd love to see a true Sprang Batman, with a new body. Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler and Two-Face (and or Penguin) would also rock in Sprang form.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

I love how DC is getting into all of this Earth-2 teasing lately! Bring back the real thing guys! The demand is there for an honest-to-goodness ol' "All-Star/Adventure Comics style JSA Earth-2"!
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Wonder Woman is screaming for the straight arm treatment. Those elbow joints ruin the figure for me.

I'm glad that DC finally worked their way through the other 27,000 figures that they felt took priority over these.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I love how DC is getting into all of this Earth-2 teasing lately! Bring back the real thing guys! The demand is there for an honest-to-goodness ol' "All-Star/Adventure Comics style JSA Earth-2"!
                    Actually, barring a few missing canidates, the whole original JSA line up from the 40s-80s is pretty well represented now. Sure there are costume variations I'd like to see (original adult E2 Robin, simplified Alan Scott GL costume he wore in the 60s/70s) but after almost 10 years of DCD we're almost there. The ones that NEED to be made:
                    1. Johnny Thunder and Thunderbolt
                    2. Mr. Terrific 1 (Terry Sloan)
                    3. Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester, but we need Courtney too for the modern JSA)
                    4. Red Tornado/Ma Hunkel
                    5. Purple/yellow Sandman
                    6. A new gasmask Sandman (the old one is rough compared to other DCDs)

Plus the others mentioned above. But I'm glad we finally got these!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Those look real sharp

DCD are alright by my book

Personally I wish they'd focus on 70s era costumes,
                      (and characters) but that's just my take

It seems like they do a little for everyone---testing the waters and not taking
                      too much risk

They did SUPER FRIENDS which I thought was sweet
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Airdave817
                        Satellite Monitor Duty
                        • May 31, 2007

Unfortunately, the Super Friends two-fer packs were just a little too pricey for me. I do have to admit I got the Batman four-pack and it is very nice. I also got the 13" figure, and I've been collecting the Alex Ross Justice figures. A nice addition to Megos I think. But, maybe that's just me.
                        Shameless self-promotion -
                        Earth-Dave
                        KROC-FM
                        Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                        "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Airdave817
                          Unfortunately, the Super Friends two-fer packs were just a little too pricey for me. I do have to admit I got the Batman four-pack and it is very nice. I also got the 13" figure, and I've been collecting the Alex Ross Justice figures. A nice addition to Megos I think. But, maybe that's just me.
                          from the look of your post, I'd say we're kinda on the same page
                          ---I LOVE those SF figs as well as the majority of the 13 inchers
                          (due to that many of them have a 70s vibe) and I want
                          to own both lines one of these days

Yeah, yeah, I know---I voice my mind on a LOT of the modern lines,
                          but I even flake out on buying into what I even think are the best ones
                          due to financial concerns (collecting Mego customs isn't cheap for me!)

One of these days though!

Hey---- if Palasades woulda followed thru w/their proposed Sesame Street
                          line I woulda bought 80% of 'em right off----I swear!
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Sandlantern
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jul 7, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            I think they did a pretty good job with the First Appearance Superman figures (both the single and variant non-smiling one from the History of set) but that was the very earliest Shuster Supes with the sandals. They should just sculpt some new legs with the 2-rounded point boots and release that.

I'd love to see a true Sprang Batman, with a new body. Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler and Two-Face (and or Penguin) would also rock in Sprang form.

Chris
                            Another cool Sprang Bats and Robin was that Hasbro 2 pack from a few years back...remember that?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Another cool Sprang Bats and Robin was that Hasbro 2 pack from a few years back...remember that?
                              Oh my yes. The lack of a shadow on Batman's cowl bothered me, but I remedied that on my loose one. My son has them now and loves them.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎