X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Worst toy line of all time

A few days ago I posted asking what everyones top ten toylines were and it got me thinking what people thought the worst toy line was , not just badly made or poor sculpting or articulation, but also maybe because the line was dropped early or not the right chracters made poorly developed lack of vehicles ETC.

One of the few I could come up with was the mars attacks line it was silly the way they released the trading card and movie figures side bt side and none of the victims sorry humans and the new king kong movie and the toy vault LOTR they had such potential and ended up wasted
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

what were they called..Defenders of the Earth with the Phantom and Flash Gordon? I love the figures,but would've hoped for a few more characters and atleast a playset,I'll think of a few more
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

GI Joe EXTREME!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Kenner Action Masters. What action? These things were like their Star Wars Micro line minus the playsets.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

oh yeah Commando too ,cool Arnold figure,but no other characters from the movie were made,Like Tully and Bennett

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

There are a few I can think of.

Star Wars Customs: Hasbro should get the "what were we thinking award" for this line. I don't know why it is that toy companies always feel that if they give a character a motorcycle it will make the toy so much more appealing. At least this line proved that even the younger kids wouldn't go for such a stupid idea. Thankfully only 3 were made before the line ended.

Star Wars Force Battlers: Another poorly conceived line by Hasbro combining an "anime style" to popular SW characters. The figures may have had some minor success with some collectors but the line clearly did not do as well as Hasbro hoped before the plug was pulled.

The Simpsons by McFarlane: I am not a McFarlane fan by any means, but I have to say that their take on the Simpsons leaves much to be desired. Very little articulation on these more statuesque type figures. Playmates did an excellent job portraying the Springfield Characters and should have kept the license.

Batman (by anybody): When we start getting into Batman in green camoflage or flame thrower suits or whatever it's time to focus on something else. Give us more villains and less gimmicky Batman costumes.

Justice League Unlimited: Ok, this one is actually one of my favorite lines but I do have some gripes. First off, the figures will barely stand due to skinny legs and top heavy bodies. Most of the female figures won't stand at all (even the few that actually come with foothole pegs). I had all of mine displayed on a shelf but got tired of having to stand them up every time I walked through the room.

Strawberry Shortcake by Playmates: I'm a big fan of Miss Shortcake. But the new line is apparently made by a group of guys who spend way too much time in strip clubs coming up with new ideas for toys. Is it any coincidence that the company that now makes them is called "Playmates". I've bought them because like I said, I am a fan. But when exactly do we get the Sleazy Stage w/Pole playset with exclusive lapdance Angel Cake? I keep wanting to do a parady with the dolls called "Berry Girls Gone Wild". "These girls will do anything to make some dough." Blueberry Muffin - "It's my first time!" Berry Girls in all out action like you've never seen them before!" Order your video today!

Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

I always wanted to like the Batman 1989 line based off the
              Super Powers molds----but the figures just seemed too clunky
              ---the TOTAL JUSTICE/JLA line that came out a few years later was even
              worse---but, again, I TRIED to like 'em
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

wow I just remembered a good one that really sucked! and I loved the movie,WILLOW!!! if only Lucas would've made them like Star Wars or Gi joes

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

1.Power Rangers-Dear God will this line ever die! lol! I hate the small figures I only liked The twelve versions with the cloth costume an removable helmet...

2.Sailor Moon american version forgot the companies name but the face sculpts were horrible the Japanese versions were better.

3.Lost and Space figures from the movie...... boring as heck
                  4.Independence day figures-Just flat out sucked....
                  5.Batman 89 figures....sucked and I agree all the Batman alternate figures also sucked.
                  6.Super Joes-These figures sooo sucked they broke if you looked at them.
                  7.Spiderman 3 and Fantastic Four rise of the Silver surfer.....talk about uninspired

I know there's more.......

Comment

• batmanmc
                    mego batman collector
                    • Jun 22, 2004

gi joe extreme and the sigma six are the worse figures ever made. they arent gi joes to me. mike

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'd hafta say ANYTHING "EXTREME!!!!!"

Runner up; the 90's Batman. "It's Arctic Attack Batman!" It's the same old Batman painted white! Please stop.

The 90's really sucked, didn't they?

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by ctc
                        Hmmmm....

I'd hafta say ANYTHING "EXTREME!!!!!"

Runner up; the 90's Batman. "It's Arctic Attack Batman!" It's the same old Batman painted white! Please stop.

The 90's really sucked, didn't they?

Don C.
                        yeah the 90's sucked for toys,I have to say the 80's were the best followed by the 70's and then 60's

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                          Stays Crunchy in Milk
                          • Aug 2, 2004

How about Superman Returns? 12 versions of Superman that all look the same... Lex Luthor and Jor El. Wow, what action we can create with those. Why not a figure for Supes' illigitimate son?

Agreed on the 90's. Figures aimed straight at the collector and not kids at all. This still goes on of course. The lack of articulation was followed up by mega articulation.

As mentioned with examples like "Night Time Pastry Chef Batman", any line that has more than three versions of the main character and only one villain sucks.
                          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Boris71
                            GeekBot' For Life
                            • May 13, 2007

the 90's really sucked for toys and the y were IMO responsible for the death of movie and tv merchandising in a big way, they did so many films that bombed and poor toy lines with it that no one wanted to touch them, playmets turtles and star trek were about the best with exo squad, pity but mask had sucked by then
                            Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Boris71
                              the 90's really sucked for toys and the y were IMO responsible for the death of movie and tv merchandising in a big way, they did so many films that bombed and poor toy lines with it that no one wanted to touch them, playmets turtles and star trek were about the best with exo squad, pity but mask had sucked by then
                              yeah I agree,there's only a few toys I really liked from the 90's Hasbro's WWF line,TMNT,Dick Tracy,some modern Star Wars stuff and SLU's

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎