X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Woney Wan 2009

Ok, For those of you who have tolerated some of my "custom" work in the past.... And for those of you that have recently became members here at The Museum while I was away...

I present to you a better, new and improved version of Money Man or as kids would call him Woney Wan. Kind of like the six million dollar man only with more zero's added.

The story - Money Man concept is a character that I created totally from scratch. For those of you that are newer to The Museum and Money Man you can see some of my earlier work in progress if you care to search through the forum here. I like customization although I am really not all that good at it yet. At this stage I kind of pittle with customizing. I am constantly amazed at the work here at The Museum of others. It gives me my drive to strive to do better work in the future. The list is long of great customizers that we are lucky to have here at The Museum sharing their work and many talents. To be quite honest you really did not miss anything as the original Money Man concept wasn't nothing to write home about. I am sure that the senior members can a test to that. Although it was a first start at doing some customizing for me. A start that has finally led me up to this point. For those that have been loyally following my Money Man concept I basically re did the character totally from scratch. (see pictures) The first mock up of Money Man that I did was basically on a T1 Mego Robin with painted hair and a dollar store "engineered" (for better lack of words) costume. A custom emblem and custom card backer that I made. Anywho.... That was then and this is now. You will see that I have did a computerized rendition of how I really want Money Man to look and to be perceived. I have thought about this for some time and I believe that I am getting closer to the completion of the final figure. This custom is not something that I have been avidly working on BTW. I basically stopped working on Money Man after October 2008 (note: the date stamp on the pictures) which was shortly after I had taken a break from The Museum. This is a custom that I have been "toying" with off and on just for fun. The closer to completion that I am getting the more serious I get with doing this. After October 2008 I went back to my condo in Phoenix for my winter retreat. After doing a lot of traveling and just basically enjoying life I am now back in Missouri (and at The Museum). I once again ask for your unbiased constructive criticism on my newly redone character. Note: of course that it is still a work in progress. However, I believe that it is getting closer to being finished.

Also note the custom Mego Museum cards that I did for Money Man and Lucky Penny (my next project). (see picture below)

(Side note: Money Man is not to be confused with the awesome Ca$h Man custom figure that Black Knight did for me at my request) Not to mention the really neat box that Anthony made for me to house Ca$h Man in. Thanks again guys you both rock!

My new concept of Money Man

Getting there....Still more work to do.

What do you guys/gals think?
    Last edited by livnxxxl; Apr 5, '09, 6:59 AM.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

That's actually a pretty cool Design D.
    Nice art work too.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• livnxxxl
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      That's actually a pretty cool Design D.
      Nice art work too.

Thanks for the very nice comments BK, Coming from you that makes me feel really, really good about the work that I have done. It is by no means a BK custom that is for sure. Maybe some day...hopefully before I pass away.

Comment

• Tothiro
        Kitten Mittens
        • Aug 28, 2008

I really like how his one earring tells you he parties on weekends.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Any chance of seeing him as an actual Mego style custom?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Tothiro
            I really like how his one earring tells you he parties on weekends.
            Thank you for noticing and paying attention to the little details. Yes, Money Man does like to party. After all he is a Playboy Millionaire.

Comment

• livnxxxl
              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Any chance of seeing him as an actual Mego style custom?
              Absolutely, positively and without a doubt.

Comment

• spiderrogue
                new mego-er
                • Feb 3, 2008

too sweet....

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by spiderrogue
                  too sweet....
                  Ohh puhleeze! Your just saying that because I am going to send you a Mego Spidey. hahaha Seriously though, thank you for the nice comment.

p.s. If you add another nice comment I will throw in a Capt. America. (just kidding)

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Cool design and cool MM cards, but I reall want to see that Money Woman
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎