X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaga4toyz
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 10, 2004

Pics of the FX show Phantom throne room set

I've been hard at work on this set and wanted to share some photo's with you guys. The FX show set comes with a throne (cast from prop foam) A base and 2 coal braziers. Everything on this set is all original sculpts and hand painted except I retooled Corey Woods skulls for the braziers. Anything with 9 skulls has to be good.I'm working on some better photo's cuz the pics don't do the set justice. Remember you can only purchase this set if you go to the FX show or you are a member of our castaway club. These sets are hand made and very limited. They are selling quickly so if you want one you better not wait. The throne could be available at a later date but the molds for the base and braziers will be destroyed and never produced again. If we have any left after the show we'll put them on our site for a higher price.

• The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Looks good!
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

That is friggin unbelievable, it looks sick man, real sick. And I mean that in a good way
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Dang dude... you tore it down! It's better than I could have imagined... I know what a labor intensive process this has been. The materials, the paint, the MOLDS! it's been an adventure, but the results are testament to the worth! Great Job Jason! You deserve 100 percent of the credit and kudos on this bro... You don't post much, but when you do?! Wow!

Happy Brithday too Skanky...

-Dave
        See Steven he is REAL!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

That looks AWESOME Dave! Congrats!
          sigpic

Comment

• marbkwds
            Da Bronx Mego Collector
            • May 10, 2005

I ordered mine ...... Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it either ............. Thanks Dave Membership has it's perks ....... Roy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

It's O.K.

That is, if O.K. stands for Outrageously Kick-Arse!!!

Fine work my friend!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

wow!! beyond cool!

Comment

• K
                  Fun Will Now Commence
                  • Jun 20, 2001

One question: will the throne be a separate part from the base? Will it stand alone or be one continuous piece, attached to the base and braziers?
                  I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

This is truly a beautiful piece of work. Great job. However at $75 you have placed it beyond my wallet's range for an accessory.
                    Scott

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Action Martin
                      This is truly a beautiful piece of work. Great job. However at $75 you have placed it beyond my wallet's range for an accessory.
                      We knew it wouldn't be for everyone, and we knew it would be pricey, based on how we had to make it. Keep in mind though, it's an extremely low numbered (100!) piece exclusive, that is handcrafted. I mean if you buy a DIDA display or even Diamonds new Transporter set your gonna drop $50-60 bucks. So with the time and materials involved, and the exclusivity of the piece, we felt it was right on par, if not a bargain.

Who knows maybe we'll offer it in a cheaper form in the future... if we do though it will not look like this, it's just too much to do for what's involved.

-Dave

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
                        I mean if you buy a DIDA display or even Diamonds new Transporter set your gonna drop $50-60 bucks.
                        True but with those items you get a whole playset/display and even accessories.

But with handcrafting and limited production number I can see a high price point. Beautiful piece.
                        Scott

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I know Jason slaved over each one of these, so each one has a little Schiermeyer sweat in it. That is worth it's weight in gold my friend!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• LadyZod
                            Superman's Gal Pal
                            • Jan 27, 2007

Guys, you have to see one of these sets in person to truly appreciate it.

I'm just sorry I couldn't pick one up... no room to display it properly like it would deserve. And with our collection living in the garage without climate control, it would just be a shame.

These thrones are amazingly light weight, squishy, and downright breath-taking. If it's within your budget, you won't be disappointed.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                            Check out my art:
                            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I'll be honest. I was only going to buy the throne piece when they went on sale. Not so much because of price but because I don't have the room for the base. But after seeing one in person and the work that was put into them, well, let's just say I have the whole thing now. I encourage anyone on the fence about these to take the plunge. You (and your Phantom) will not be disappointed.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎