X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundarr
    Banned
    • Apr 23, 2007

Make me an Astronaut?

Hello all. Now that my Apes are on their way, I was thinking...I'd really like to have a Dodge figure and a Landon figure. I'm sure for a lot of you guys this wouldn't be a problem at all, probably really easy. I would'nt mind using AJ bodies, or even repros for that matter. They wouldn't have to look JUST like the actors, a facsmile would do fine. (For example, a talented painter could do the beards and whatnot...basically as long as DODGE is BLACK and LANDON is WHITE, I'm all set. lol) As for clothes, regular old boots from AJ or whomever would be just fine, and something that resembles 'Astronaut/jumper/etc' for their clothes. Like I said, I'm sure it would'nt be a very difficult or expensive job.

Can anyone help? Those two "TV Astronauts" just don't cut it for me...lol..never have. (I'll take their suits though..) Maybe someday I'd like a Nova as well.

Thanks!

Joe
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

why not make them your self? you already have a good plan for dodge go on e-bay and search for a black action jackson with beard then buy a ctvt white astrount suit landon is very easy to make just go on e-bay and find the most common action jackson around the white guy with black hair and beard and get another white astronaut suit from ctvt you can pick up the white aj for under 12 bucks for a loose one but the black aj is a lot harder to find but i believe dr mego makes a copy of the head and just buy a type two brown body as for decals they are aviable on the gallry just down load and print them up. i believe the mego store sales the white astronaut suits he also sells the helmuts

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Yup! Sounds like you've got the plan already...now start searching for your parts and jump right into the custom waters!
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

You'll take more pride in them if you make them yourself!!

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

Get in touch with Davemc, he has a dodge head on his site
          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Thundarr
            Banned
            • Apr 23, 2007

Well hell, maybe I will! :wink2: Due to the size of my mitts, I'm not know for my 'fine detailing' work...lol...but I certainly can choose a head and a body, and put various suits on...maybe even paint a bit as well. I ought to have a go at this, however it turns out...
            Thanks.

Joe

Comment

• theressa
              Sewing...?
              • Jun 13, 2004

Hey Joe,

If you are going to MM and want a white AJ style Astro suit, let me know
              Wants, original parts; thinking...
              It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
              Custom suits, in time
              T_SUITS

Comment

• vman
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 26, 2006

Joe,

Check out Dave Mc's site for a really nice Dodge head. I picked one up from Dave and put it on a brown Dr. Mego body. I'm still searching for a good Landon head. This has been my bigest struggle.

I'll let you know if I find a good one.
                - Bill

Comment

• Thundarr
                  Banned
                  • Apr 23, 2007

Theressa.... My girl said we not only COULD go to MM for our summer vacation, but she actually WANTS to go! As far as that Astro suit...SURE! Thanks. At this point, it's a $$$ thing. I want to have spending loot, but I have to consider gas, lodging, foods, and a hotel that will accept our boys. Are hotel reservations nearby a nightmare, or? Even if the room is miles away, its ok I suppose..I don't drive but she likes to, so...

VMAN.....Yeah I'm gonna check one out for sure. As far as Landon, I want two actually. One I want to go with Taylor and Dodge, in their Astro suits, the other will be the rags/post lobotomy Landon.
                  I'd also LOVE a few of those 70's-lookin packs they wore in the beginning. They wouldn't have to open up or anything, just be there for the visual.

Thanks!

Joe

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎