X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livingdead70
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2009

RE5, any one got it yet?

Anyone picked this up yet? If so how is it.
    trey
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

I've been playing co-op with a friend and the game is amazing! I realize since RE 4 the series seems to be going away from the slower paced, scary zombie type formula but the games are still a lot of fun. Supposedly the series is getting a reboot with RE 6 so if that's true it should be interesting to see what Capcom does with it.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

I prefer the slower paced early RE games. 1,2 and 3 rocked.
      I love the graffix in the new game, but... I dunno, maybe I need to play less COD4 and try something new for a change.
      I find the over the shoulder view very distracting.
      I was pretty excited for the game until I played the demo, just can't seem to get into it.

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by stretchandro
        I prefer the slower paced early RE games. 1,2 and 3 rocked.
        I love the graffix in the new game, but... I dunno, maybe I need to play less COD4 and try something new for a change.
        I find the over the shoulder view very distracting.
        I was pretty excited for the game until I played the demo, just can't seem to get into it.

I'm with you... I prefered the slower-paced, rambling zombie, puzzle-solving early versions.

Guess I'll have to pull out the Playstation One for a satisfying Resident Evil and Tomb Raider experience.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

My husband has beaten the game as Chris, and is now going through as Sheva. The game is pretty cool, but not nearly as scary as some of the previous ones. It seems that while you are still fighting for your life against zombies or other mindless beings, the game mechanics are leading it toward more of an action game than survival horror. The story in RE5 is good, but I thought RE4's was better. Sheva's a nice addition to the characters though.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎