X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saildog
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 9, 2006

Thor is moving to Oklahoma!

Right before we migrated to the new board, I started a thread asking members who grew up around NYC what is was like to have Comics set in familiar surroundings.

I kind of lamented growing up in Western Oklahoma and never really understanding the backdrop for those great Comics. New York City might as well have been Mars.

Well, after years of accepting things as they are, there is a payoff. Thor (my favorite from Avengers) is moving to Oklahoma...and Western Oklahoma at that! ( I guess Odin wants to teach Thor about humility!)

I realize this probably isn't that big of a deal to most, but reading this article this morning made my day. (Oh yeah, I had my Thor T-shirt on when I discovered the article in the paper!)
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I wonder if this means Thor will get a truck?

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

And when we say
      Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
      We're only sayin'
      You're doin' fine,
      Oklahoma!
      Oklahoma O.K.

- Rodgers and Hammerstein

Comment

• brineb
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 26, 2006

Will they make Jane Foster a big boned Oakie gal? I picked up the first issue and so far am interested in seeing where they take it, not a big fan of the new costume.

I grew up 25 miles outside of NYC. The first time I took the bus into NYC, I half expected to see Spiderman swinging from the buildings and was wondering if I could find Dr. Strange's house in Greenwich Village ... I didn't see any of them. Nearly 35 years later, I still think it would have been cool!!!
        I also play with other dolls:
        http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎