X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

A haunting in Connecticut.

Anyone else see the previews for this movie? It genuinely looks like a terrifying movie. The previews are over the top and this movie looks like it's gonna give some scares.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

yeah I wanna see it,the dude with all the writing on him looks freaky
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

It does look pretty scary. I love movies like this
      Sammy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like the main guy is the guy who played Bart Allen/Flash/Impulse on Smallville twice. It does indeed look FREAKy scary, and I think is supposedly based on true events.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• livingdead70
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 24, 2009

This "haunting" was alledged to be true by the same mediums that were involved somewhat in the Amityville case. The film is based on a Discovery channel documentary of the same name, there was also a Haunting in GA.
          Intresting Amityville fact is that one of the kids , Christopher Lutz is living here in Augusta GA and working at Georgia Medical College. I have never met him but I know people who have and he says the whole Amityville thing was a hoax/insurance fraud that backfired in his mom/stepdads face and they saw very little of the book/film profits. He also said that he had little to do with his folks and siblings after getting old enough, wonder what is true and what isnt?
          trey

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

I grew up in Conn, anyone know where in CT this is supposed to take place. I never saw the discovery channel special and i can't seem to find anything other than info on the movie and that special but nothing on the topic itself.

Comment

• livingdead70
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 24, 2009

Southington Conn. Apprently at one time the home was a funeral home.
              This is from an article in yesterdays Augusta Chronicle. The people who now live in the house are being bothered by curiosity seekers due to the film, and they claim that nothing has bothered them in the 10 years they have lived there as far as ghost go .
              trey

Comment

• txteach
                Banned
                • Jun 17, 2005

I grew up in Waterbury. Very close to Southington. My sister lives in southington now. I'm just wondering how true this movie is. Well I'm going tonight so I'll let you know how it is.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Looks like the main guy is the guy who played Bart Allen/Flash/Impulse on Smallville twice. It does indeed look FREAKy scary, and I think is supposedly based on true events.

Chris
                  That's right he is the Flash,I was wondering where I recognized the face from
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Parts of the movie were actually filmed here in Winnipeg and the blonde kid is actually living here and going to school here.
                    The movie does look kinda creepy.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• txteach
                      Banned
                      • Jun 17, 2005

Well the movie was one of the scariest I've seen in a long time. About 5 spots had the audience jump in their seats. If you like scary movies this one is for you.

Comment

• LadyZod
                        Superman's Gal Pal
                        • Jan 27, 2007

I've read the Warren's account of the CT case, and saw the Discovery Channel 2hr docu-drama... and I thought that was scary enough.

It seems like they are going over the top with the film version, to make it more visually appealing to the horror movie crowd.

Still, I can't help but think that less is more in a true thriller. The Exorcist was scary without being over the top. The Omen was scary. A lot can be said for mood, score, and acting ability...
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                        Check out my art:
                        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎