X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Daleks Spider concepts

I finally got a chance to scan these from the book Regeneration. The book is out of print I believe. They were Dalek concepts rejected for the 1996 TV movie and possible series. Personally if Davros was encased in one of these I wouldn't mind too much. It would be interesting to see him emerge from a Dalek casing. I think reducing the Daleks themselves to mere spiders in shells a bit foolish. Still for the time they proposed this it was far more than they could achieve SPFX-wise on a TV budget.

If anyone is interested I can email these to you as larger scans. I also scanned the Tardis console blue-print and room layout from the TV movie. Cool stuff.
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

I think Terry Nation died after the tv movie but I find it hard to believe that he, or his estate, and the BBC would allow such a radical change in design to
    the Daleks especially if it were meant to be permanent.

I have a copy of the Rengeneration book and I'm glad the people behind the tv movie never got a chance to implement some of their ideas. Too much of
    it appeared to be change for it's own sake.

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

It's a cool-looking concept, but not for a Dalek. Some sort of spider-alien...sure.

Dana
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I HATED those designs! Yeah, they're interesting; but why would the Daleks depart from their old design so muc; especially considering how much contempt they had for the other hominid species in the galaxy.

I liked the new ones on the new show; they still look like Daleks, with some armour.

Don C.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Besides them just not looking like Daleks, I also don't like these because they seem to be a bit illogical in design.

They look too GOTHIC in design to be futuristic.

In a way, they remind me of Loveless at the end of the Wild Wild West movie.

Comment

• YANOULI
            Part-Time Timelord
            • Jan 9, 2006

if you take away the legs and scythes, they remind me of Moxx of Balhoon
            " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎