X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saildog
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 9, 2006

Anybody pick up Avengers Classic?

I have the DVD-ROM of Avengers and have enjoyed it, but there is something to be said for having the Comic in your hands. No way can I afford an original Number 1, so I am really glad for the color reprints. I am so glad this is going to be a monthly.

Anyone else excited by this?
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I picked up the first issue...enjoyed the reprint of #1 but didn't care for the filler new stuff...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• saildog
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      I picked up the first issue...enjoyed the reprint of #1 but didn't care for the filler new stuff...
      Agreed........a bit like watching a Tampax commercial during a Basketball game, but what are ya' gonna' do? Take the bad with the good, I suppose.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

And unfortunately, the worse of the two back ups is going to be the regular team on the book.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• brineb
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 26, 2006

I always enjoy rereading the classics ... the new stuff was a bit of a let down. Perhaps, they'll grow into the series.
          I also play with other dolls:
          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Oemings "new" art style is annoying to say the least. They should have got Eric Powell and others that sort of draw in the Kirby style to rotate as the back up artists.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Airdave817
              Satellite Monitor Duty
              • May 31, 2007

I had actaully never read the original story. I'd seen the flashbacks a number of times, but never the full novel-length story. The other stories were okay. I'm not sure which one I liked more or less. I like the Giffen-DeMatteis story because I liked their version of the Justice League and Defenders. The Oeming story seemed a bit predictable.

The cover is awesome.
              Shameless self-promotion -
              Earth-Dave
              KROC-FM
              Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
              "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢