X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Batteries not Included

Remote Control seemed to come on real strong in the late 70's, wireless toys became more cost effective I guess. I had the remote controlled R2-D2 (which broke quickly!) and remember desiring Tobor greatly. That Batmobile by Remco would have been killer too.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

oh yeah I had that R2-d2 also,I would've loved that Batmobile
    great stuff
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

"And Remeber Tobor Is Robot Spelled Backwards."

Man I Loved that comercial.

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

re

TMHOR

If it will make you happy, I do have that commercial as I recorded it back in 1981. I know which dvd I have it on, I just have to recall where it showed up on the disc. At any rate I can up it on youtube. Give me a few days
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 18, 2007

TOBOR was a real piece of junk as far as anything "remote control" goes. It had one of those "somic" remotes that clicked and only worked about one fourth of the time at best. They implied in the commercial that his arms were remote controlled also but all you really did was them and theysnapped forward after about 15 seconds. Tobor was one of the first toys I remember buying with my allowance and also one of the few toys I ever got my mom to return to the store because it sucked so bad.

Now the Batmobile was awesome for an early remote. I played with that thing constantly until one of the neighbor kids put it on my dads car and drove it off onto the pavement where it crashed. I bought another one years later at a show that sits proudly in one of my display cases. It still works and goes for a test drive every once in a while!
          - Sweep

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

I remember getting batteries wrapped up for Christmas. It was like a tease of what was to come, and made you think you had even more presents than you really did. I didn't care though, most of the fun was opening stuff for me.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by mazinz
              TMHOR

If it will make you happy, I do have that commercial as I recorded it back in 1981. I know which dvd I have it on, I just have to recall where it showed up on the disc. At any rate I can up it on youtube. Give me a few days

I acualy have it as well it's on my copy of The Star Wars Holiday Special. Thanks though I have a whole bunch of old comercials on dvd & what not especialy He-Man & Star Wars.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I remember getting TOBOR for Christmas. It was pretty crappy for a remote control toy (it was sound controlled, it just reacted to the clicking sound of the remote, you could clap your hands and get the same effect). It scared the hell out of our dog though, so that was something.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I remember the remote control Jawa Sandcrawler too. One of the bestest toys ever made! The remote control used to bug me, and I remember taking the motors out so I could roll it along on my own.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎