X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

YANOULI's Dr. Who Box

Just finished this up for Ian's Dr. Who project and he asked if I could post it...

All the boxes will be the same, except for the Doctor's name and stock # swapped out.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • mego boy CA
    megos are FUN!!
    • Mar 30, 2006

Great Job! Looks Good.
    sigpic
    "To The Batmobile!"
    "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• YANOULI
      Part-Time Timelord
      • Jan 9, 2006

Anthony has done a really great job with this, my Doctor's can't wait
      Last edited by YANOULI; Jul 13, '07, 1:36 AM.
      " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking box, but I was actually expecting a more obvious design: the tardis. A tardis shaped box with a flap covering the window and you could have the back of this box on the inside of that flap and keep the front of this box with the name of the doctor.
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Meule
          Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking box, but I was actually expecting a more obvious design: the tardis. A tardis shaped box with a flap covering the window and you could have the back of this box on the inside of that flap and keep the front of this box with the name of the doctor.
          Ian can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he plans on using this style box for his companions and villains as well and he wanted to showcase that, thus the pics down the sides (which would look out of place on a Tardis). And if that is the case, then it might look weird to have someone like Davros or a Sea Devil sitting inside a Tardis (the companions wouldn't be so bad though).

But a Tardis box is on the drawing board for those that are interested in that approach.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• YANOULI
            Part-Time Timelord
            • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by Meule
            Product Enterprise already use a Tardis box for their talking Tom Baker and K9, i didn't want to copy it.

Like Anthony says, i've got lots of other figures planned and Villains and monsters in a Tardis box would look weird, plus with a flap you wouldn't be able to see the figures properly.
            Last edited by YANOULI; Jul 12, '07, 2:32 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I like this style.

I especially like the fact you used the diamond logo --- coolest Who logo ever.

Will the same logo be used on all the boxes-- including non diamond Doctors ?
              If so, that's totally cool ...... BBC VIDEO did the same thing back in the eighties on their VHS tape cover art.

Nice

Comment

• YANOULI
                Part-Time Timelord
                • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
                I like this style.

I especially like the fact you used the diamond logo --- coolest Who logo ever.

Will the same logo be used on all the boxes-- including non diamond Doctors ?
                If so, that's totally cool ...... BBC VIDEO did the same thing back in the eighties on their VHS tape cover art.

Nice
                I've always liked the Diamond logo more than the others and it will be used on all of the boxes.

The only major difference between the Doctor's boxes and the ones for the companions and villains will be the seal of Rassillon on the top flap ( the Master's and Romana's Boxes will be the exceptions as they are Timelords too).

Thanks again for the DVD'S Mike, i sent Anthony a screen capture of the vortex from the opening credits to use on the insert.
                Last edited by YANOULI; Jul 12, '07, 2:33 PM.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by YANOULI
                  Product Enterprise already use a Tardis box for their talking Tom Baker and K9, i didn't want to copy it.

Like Anthony says, i've got lots of other figures planned and Villains and monsters in a Tardis box would look weird, plus with a flap you wouldn't be able to see the figures properly.
                  Didn't know about Product Enterprise and if you're gonna make villains and monsters too then I understand your decision. Yeah, those wouldn't look right in a Tardis.
                  But like I said, this is very cool design as well, the vortex on the insert is a great touch.
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 28, 2006

Wow, super nice Anthony! That box has style

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

Very nice!
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎