• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

PS3 questions.

First off, what's everbody's setup?
    Now that I'm online, I'd like to upgrade my systems add on features. There's a little type pad thing that attaches to the controller, or I can pick up a used bluetooth keyboard to make my TV and PS3 my main source for web browsing.
    I think this would be pretty cool.
    Should I bother to get the PS3 camera? Does it work like a Wii?
    How do you add somebody to your buddy list (or whatever it's called)
    Has anybody really gone all out with additional stuff for there system?
    I've got the 40 Gb PS3, can I still download full games (Tekken 5 is calling me)
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I use a Blue Tooth talk online. It's a little tricky to sync up( My Nephew helped me). I have decided a HATE the PS3 Controller...but there's another option. They now have a Mod Box that lets you use your Xbox 360 Controller on the PS3...I WILL have one!!

The PS3 Camera is AWESOME!!!! Much better the Xbox! It has a Screen saver Aqarium, where the Fish react to you through the Camera...really Freakin' COOL!

Xbox Mod Adaptor: IGN: Xbox 360 Controller on the PS3
    sigpic

Comment

• JPkempo
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 17, 2001

The first thing I would do is upgrade your hard drive.
      If you patient you can get a 250gb for about $35 shipped on e-bay.
      Ever blu-ray you play and game you put in adds stuff on our hard drive.
      My first PS3 was a 20gb and I only watched movies on it (well i did play 1 game), I filled the drive twice in just over a year.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I have the 60 GB...but I assume you can delete old Data, like you can with the Xbox?
        sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I have the 60 GB one as well. For what I do with mine (this has included downloading some games and add ons) I haven't filled it yet, so I haven't felt the pressing need to swap out the drive for a bigger one. But I also watch a lot of stuff using a USB stick, or streamed from my PC's hard drives, so I haven't had to fill up my PS3 hard drive (yet). You can definitely delete old data from it.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
            I have decided a HATE the PS3 Controller
            The Six Axis was absolute garbage. The motion control had huge dead zones and barely worked and no rumble (that really ticked me off). As soon as the Dualshock 3 pads hit Japan I imported one.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• JPkempo
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 17, 2001

Yes you can delete old info off the unit.
              I got a "broken" 80gb unit off e-bay, when I read what was wrong it needed to have old info deleted and software updated. That was all that was wrong with it did that and and made a few bucks fliping it to a guy I worked with.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎