X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatBatmanGuy
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

The Rocket Tubes

Anyone have these as a kid? I got my set for Christmas one year. Mine came from Sears. So it had the extra tubes. I remember staying up all night playing with that thing. That year I also got all the aliens with the glow in the dark brains. That was a really cool set with the lights turned out.

Which got me to thinking: would anyone like replacement Glow-In-The-Dark vinly decals for their old Rocket Tubes? Since I make other replacement decals, I thought about trying this. I've got everything ready to go as for the layouts. Just waiting on my vinyl to arrive. I'm thinking the price will be $12 for a set.

Any thoughts?

Bob
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>Anyone have these as a kid?

Yup! They seem pretty common, and yet I've never been able to snag a new set. I've heard from a lot of people that theirs didn't work, but mine did. You could shoot that little guy clear across the house with 'em. Tragicly, we had a big flood and mine drownt.

I had a book when I was a kid, kind of a psychedellic trrip through the solar system, and it came with a fold-out kalidescope that you'd follow a path through the pages with. Lost that, but used a piece of the Rocket Tubes as a replacement. Funny how vividly I remember that....

Don C.

Comment

• DocDrako
      Formerly Doc Drako
      • Nov 11, 2004

I had one of the sets that didn't work. I thought they were so cool too, but they never worked right. My dad bought it for me for my birthday. Cool gift, but it ended up in my toybox unused and forgotten.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎