Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WilRadcliffe
    • May 24, 2006

Star Trek Vs. Batman!

If this has been posted elsewhere, I apologize. All the same, I downloaded all 3 episodes of this excellent fan film, Star Trek vs. Batman! It's based on the premise of what would have happened if the original Star Trek series had crossed over with the 60s Batman series. It is extremely well done for a fan film, with perfect replicas of the costumes, sets, and even the Batmobile! The acting is pretty good as well, and the special effects are decent, especially if you consider they were trying to replicate the feel of the two series.

Anyway, after seeing this, all I could think of is how cool it would have been to have had the entire Mego Enterprise crew with Enterprise, along with Batman, Robin, Joker, Catwoman, and the Batmobile in order to act out such an adventure when I was a kid!

You can also find the first episode of the film on youtube here. If you're a fan of either series, I highly recommend this! Great fun!
    White, Gray, and Black Stones
    Scattered 'Cross the Board
    Now You Must Unite Them
    To Become the Noggle Lord!

Noggle Stones... Now On Sale!
  • Capt Kirk
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 15, 2005

...Great Googley Moogley...

... Great AND unbearable!

Gotta find out what happens in episode two...

~A
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

Never heard of this, but am downloading it now!
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

I saw this many months ago, the makers are members of the 1966 Batman message board. They were keeping us up to date on their progress while they were filming.
        The sound is sometimes a little bit off, but otherwise it's actually quite good
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Airdave817
          Satellite Monitor Duty
          • May 31, 2007

I saw this a few months ago, too.
          I only saw the first and / or the second installment. I don't think I saw the third installment. I'm a huge fan of both series, so I thought it was pretty cool. Cheese and all.

Thanks for the tip!!
          Shameless self-promotion -
          Earth-Dave
          KROC-FM
          Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
          "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

The Joker is really well done. I really don't wanna download it though. I wish there was a way to see it w/o doing that.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• WilRadcliffe
              • May 24, 2006

Hey, guys! Glad you're digging the show! I thought it was a lot of fun! It seems to follow the tongue-in-cheek mode of the Batman show more than the serious philosophical and social commentary of Star Trek. Although episode 3 does tend to wax more Rodenberry.

If you don't feel like downloading the episodes, youtube has most of it online. Just search for Star Trek vs Batman. I don't believe the entire show is uploaded though. But you should be able to see most of it. I highly recommend the downloads, however. No fear of viruses... it's directly from the producers of the film.

Apparently, their next project is a "Quantum Leap" episode! Wouldn't it be cool to have Sam, Al, and Ziggy in Mego form? Hahahaha! You could change Sam's outfits with your favorite Mego heroes and pretend he leaped into Spider-Man, or Dr. Zaius, or Cher! Hahahaha!

Anyway, I'm having too much fun with youtube and the internet of late. I just thought I'd share one of my discoveries with some kindred spirits!

I highly recommend seeking out other fan films, if you haven't already. There's a really great Batman short called "Deadend," as well as an awesome "World's Finest" trailer, and a trailer for a Robin-centric piece called "Grayson." All top-notch stuff! But the best has to be a Superman piece called "Memiors of Tomorrow." Very touching and top-of-the-line Oscar worthy, in my humble opinion!
              White, Gray, and Black Stones
              Scattered 'Cross the Board
              Now You Must Unite Them
              To Become the Noggle Lord!

Noggle Stones... Now On Sale!

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

Grayson is great. I showed it to my wife and her first response was, "I want to see that movie." I had to tell her it wasn't really a movie coming out. She was mad.

Dead End and World's Finest are also very good. But Grayson is my favorite.

Star Trek vs Batman was very cheesy. I loved it!
                Last edited by DocDrako; Jul 11, '07, 12:46 AM.
                "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by WilRadcliffe
                  I highly recommend seeking out other fan films, if you haven't already. There's a really great Batman short called "Deadend," as well as an awesome "World's Finest" trailer
                  Director Sandy Colora was a member of the old museum, although he hadn't posted in a long time. Some of us ended up trading our Batman Dead End custom for one of his Batman Dead End customs. When his package arrived it included a DVD with DE and WF
                  Last edited by Meule; Jul 11, '07, 2:46 AM.
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Steeler80
                    Mayor of Strunk
                    • Jun 29, 2001

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎